Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

How many dinosaur bones did you find?
I only one so far.

I also found the crime novel for Hosea, but damn, I got attacked by a guard when reading it (in house he was guarding, admittedly), and it escalated in a way where I got 75 buck bounty and few people died (by my hand, but only in self defense!). Expensive book!

And so I read it and apparently Watson ejaculates in it constantly.

When you say “the stables” do you mean any stables in any town, as in Valentine? I ask because a mission took me to Valentine and I ended up with an ugly “temporary horse,” so if there’s a better one waiting for me at the stables there I’ll pick it up.

Whatever the lake is up there - the horse spawns on the NW side, the bison in the east side, and legendary salmon in the south part of the lake right off the east shore. Lot of stuff in that area.

The horse and bison were both visible on screen for me at the same time at the NW of the lake - I mean I literally had to make a choice between them right there.

Your main horse can be teleported to the stables (if you lose it / too far away for a whistle call) or the hitching post in camp once you upgrade it.

Main horse = one with saddle on it.

You can also store up to 3 additional horses at the stables in town(s).

Yeah, I know I am in the right area. I guess he’s just circling the lake, just as I am, staying just far enough in front of me to keep out of sight… Oh well, I’ll catch him sooner or later!

If you’re talking about the White Arabia, once you spook him you’ll have to leave the area completely, go do some things elsewhere, then come back.

That’s good to know. I don’t think I’ve spooked him, as I haven’t seen him yet, but perhaps shooting the bison did…

What I have found is, if he’s spawned, he will be in the exact same spot every time. I.e. he’s either there or he’s nowhere. If he’s nowhere, you have to leave the area completely for a while and then come back.

(knowledge gleaned from taking about a dozen attempts before catching and breaking the White Arabian.)

I went fishing along a bend in the Dakota River and espied a rather large bird flapping its giant wings as it circled overhead. I grabbed my binoculars to get a closer look. Suddenly, this raptor made like a Tomcat, swept its wings back and dove at an astonishing rate of speed straight towards the river, pulling up just in time to pluck its prey out of the water. That damn bird stole my fish.

Is there any way to turn HDR off in-game (XBOneX)? Or do I have to remember to turn it off on the console or the TV?

For those talking about the trouble locating where shots or voices are coming from, good headphones make a huge difference. I was up in some hills and heard some gunshots and could not figure out where they were coming from. Put on my good headphones and I was able to pretty easily follow the sound.

So, what’s the trick to constantly getting off your horse armed like you want to be? I find that half the time I’m carrying what I was the previous time I was wandering around, and half the time all I have is my sidearm(s). It’s really annoying it can’t keep constant the guns you want to take with you walking around.

Yeah, I actually started playing with my blue-tooth headphones when I realized my TV had blue-tooth connectivity (which is amazing, I had no idea until last weekend that was a thing). I was initially playing with my ear buds because it let me crank the volume without making my daughter angry (her room is above mine) but then discovered the sound design in RDR 2 is very impressive with headphones.

Well, chapter 5 starts off like a kick in the nuts. What an interesting/engaging setup though!

Looks like I’m going to be hit by that missing gang members bug as I did that mission (“Polite Society, Valentine Style”) and did a retry from checkpoint. Hopefully the missing dialogue with them wasn’t essential. Also, regarding turning off HDR, you do that in-game, on the console, or on the TV? Thanks!

A thing to note…
Even after I completed the main story and epilogue, there is a massive amount of the map let to be explored. Like… Half of it. You can ride down to the Southwest and there is tons of stuff down there.

I’ve been riding for a few hours now and haven’t mailed the whole border.

In addition to missing gang members, now I’ve lost a gun. Had a more powerful repeater, Lancaster I think it’s called? Now I can’t draw it from my horse. Hoping I can just go to a gun shop and “buy” it back.

Also, just did a funny side mission for a bartender in Saint Denis, asked me to clear out his bar of rats. Guess the Rockstar guys wanted to throw in one old school RPG quest.

I also lost the lancaster repeater. But with bolt action rifle and semiauto shotgun, who needs it.

And yeah that quest made me smile :)

I just did a home invasion where there was an old lady with uberpotty mouth and her four sons. I was forced to kill three of them in selfdefense, but I hogtied the lady and her remaining son while I was taking their stuff. I am such a good person.

I just started playing a couple of days ago, and boy do I wish talking to people didn’t require pressing the left trigger, because sometimes I use the “other left” and fire my pistol instead. As I did just now with the butcher in Valentine after schlepping a gray wolf carcass on my horse all the way from the veteran’s homestead on the lakeside (near the legendary bear area). Grrr.

(Although admittedly kind of funny in retrospect. I shot the guy full in the chest and apparently just pissed him off.)