Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

I’ve caught an 18 pound sturgeon in the lake near the bait shop and a 19 pound muskie way up north in the lake near the white bison.

I am worried about the dualshock stick from all that turning. I am not going to be fishing out those legendary fish in this game.

You know, I haven’t looked, but I bet there’s an accessibility option that changes that

Someone else suggested this but when I reeled in a legendary pike I didn’t use my thumb, but rather the palm of my right hand. It was very easy and much faster than using my thumb. Also, don’t forget to pull back (down) on the L stick to stick that pole up in the air while you reel, and hold down R while the fish is struggling to avoid letting out too much slack, which in turn makes it take longer to reel them in.

The holding down on R took me a bit to get the hang of, but that certainly does help

Hey, just as a side note to anyone who might not be near the end of the game - do all the camp side missions. Some of them will go away. I regret missing them.

Um, hold down R to stop the fish from pulling out line? First I’ve heard of that! THAT wlll help!

When you say “Hold Down R” do you mean push it down (like R3?) or pull the stick back towards me?

My general rule has been to do the side (white) missions as they come up, then take care of main (yellow) missions only after. I’m hoping that lets me catch everything.

Back towards yourself

Yeah, I don’t mean the white ones. There are some at camp that are hard to see that are black, maybe?

You mean like chopping wood and carrying sacks and water?

Yeah I’m not totally sure I follow you, you mean when one of the other gang folks invites you to go fishing or do a home robbery?

Yeah, those. The fishing, etc, quests. They go away quickly

When should I expect to see the fishing intro mission? I’m in Chapter 2 still.

I can’t remember if it was two or three, but it was a camp mission. Abigail Marston maybe? Can’t remember if it was a white or yellow mission

It was in chapter two. You can’t miss it. You can miss the legendary fish guy, but I don’t think you’ll see him until chapter three? I did anyway.

Yeah, the Abigail fishing mission opens up in chapter 2 after you do part one of a multi-part John mission. I don’t remember what triggers the John mission, though.

Just finished my 3rd fishing mission. BEST GAME EVER.

Regarding double action revolvers, I’d say skip then. They are pretty crap.

If you want something that fires faster than the scofields, go to the semi automatic, or the mauser.

If I’m affected by the disappearing camp people bug (https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360011639534/Sadie-Jack-John-and-Abigail-missing-from-Camp-in-Red-Dead-Redemption-2) then I’m assuming I won’t get to do the fishing quests until they return in chapter four? If so that’s a serious bummer.