Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

It did not have a quality type and you only sell it to a butcher, so fire away! I killed it with a bow since I was trying to complete hunting challenge 6.

I’m finding the trinkets and such kind of useless. Some are pretty good, like the ones that cut down on weapon degradation, but then I made one from the legendary wolf that allows me to drink twice as much liquor without getting drunk? Why would I need that? Are there drinking contests somewhere?

Ahhh. See I didn’t want to actually take anything out. I just wanted to see what was available there. As I’ve discovered it is currently grayed out.

So, I also discovered something by accident. My horse got killed and so I just let myself die in a hail of bullets so I could reload as I didn’t know why I was attacked. To my horror I discovered my horse is gone for good! And I lost a crapload of money as well.

Shy of thymed big game meat alcohol is the best method of increasing your deadeye and stamina cores. You can get them back to full without getting drunk with that trinket.

you can re-acquire the horse by returning to wherever you got it in the first place.

I got when the game started o.O

I’ve been using chewing tobacco to recover deadeye since I have so damned much of it for some reason.

Yeah, same. I did note that it’s best to use it to fill/fortify your outer wheel while you still have as much core left as possible, as it seems like having zero core gives you wilder and harder aiming during the dead eye action. So by the end I was starting a fight by popping some chew, and then when it wore out I’d pop some more, keeping my core as full as I could.

Since I lost my starter horse and am only in chapter 3, and I feel like I messed up some city stuff (got in 3 person fight as I accidentally rammed someone with my horse), should I restart? Because I’m dumb I also didn’t notice I was losing money every time I died too, so I’ve lost like $100+ easily. Or should I continue on?

Also, is there a way to have 2 totally different games going on at the same time? Like one where I’m super good guy, and one where I’m super bad guy?

Chewing tobacco restores the outer ring while alcohol restores the actual eye in the middle. I think chewing tobacco actually decreases the inner eye when you use it. As far as I can tell the three sectors on the top of the item wheel all deal with the rings of their appropriate cores but the provisions section on the left part of the ring is what actually refills the inner symbol. Also cooked meat does not show up on the wheel at all. You have to open your satchel to get to any of that stuff. If you haven’t tried it, cook some thymed big game meat, it is amazing.

First I would visit a stable and make absolutely sure you can’t summon any owned horses to it. I’m assuming at the very least the starter horse (the very first horse you had, not the one purchased early on in a mission) will reappear somehow. If you’re certain you can’t retrieve any horses that way, then either buy a new one or steal/tame one. (Not too hard to do with a bit of practice.) Once you have a new horse, make sure you store it in the stable.

As for your bounty, you can either suck it up and pay it off, or you can turn yourself into the law and spend some time in jail. Which you pick depends on how much cash you have on hand. (Going to jail wipes your balance.)

Nope.

I don’t know that I have a bounty on my head, but will check. I didn’t kill the guys, just fisticuffs… of which I ended up dying lol.

What is the relationship of the ring and core with regards to deadeye? I can see that the health and stamina rings get refilled from the core, but this never seems to happen with deadeye. So why do I care about the deadeye core?

I think this is very possible. You can create a whole new game and start a separate save going. It may get tricky to tell them apart as it uses completion percentage and last mission complete to name the file. It will also tell you the date it was saved so that should help.

I mentioned this just a few posts ago, but I believe the more drained your dead eye core the more “wobbly” your aim when in Dead Eye mode.

My bad, I guess! I just made an assumption based on my recollection of the menu. (At work.)

Ok, but is that it? You just keep the core full so you don’t go wobbly?

That’s really just a theory of mine, but it’s all I have for the core’s use. I could look it up in the strategy guide, now that I think of it, once I get home?

E: It also may influence how quickly it regenerates with kills, like how higher cores make stamina and health regen faster.

The outer ring regenerates if the center is filled in. It regenerates everytime you kill something and if the center is red it’s more than a little wobbly. I can always tell when the center is depleted since it gets much harder to do head shots.

Ok so deadeye ring does regenerate from the core but only if I actually kill something first? I haven’t watched that happen but it would make sense.