Red Dead Redemption sequel?

Reportedly, this is a leaked in-development map from the RDR sequel.

A source close to the development of the new Red Dead game has now confirmed to us that the map is indeed the real deal, revealing that this is a “very recent” art direction map for the upcoming title.
They also confirmed that the game will be set before the events of Redemption, and that the new map is just east of the one that featured in Red Dead Redemption.

Could this be the Housers’ present to themselves following GTA 5? RDR was their baby wasn’t it?

God I can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please be on PC. Please be on PC. Please be on PC.

-Todd

Ooooo, please make it another console exclusive, Rockstar, so I can not give you any money again.

FUCK YES!

RDR is one of my favorite games of all time.

I think I had heard that if they were to make a RDR2, there would be no plans to bring it to PC :(

Or just make it “online only”/DRM’ed to death and it wont matter anyway.

Hopefully I’ll be able to complete RDR on my 360 before this one is out for PS4.5

The rumor is that this game will be set before the storyline of RDR, centered on joining and warring against bands of outlaws or posses, and online only. Think GTA Online, but all the time, with cowboys.

That just destroyed any interest I might have had in the game. Thank you.

Same here.

I can see Rockstar trying to duplicate the success of Shark cards though. Ugh.

-Todd

Over $500 million profit from GTA Online to date. That’s a tough thing to argue against.

Edit: Just so it’s clear, there would a story campaign, it’s just that missions would take place in the same always-online system like The Division or the current “story” missions in GTA Online.

Even if it is it’ll come out nearly 2 years later after they’ve squeezed all the revenue they can out of the console and multiplatform crowds.

Seems more likely the rumor is off a bit and this will be like GTA V with a single player and separate online mode. The single player mode is how they got most of the online crowd to the well, to begin with, and only after they’d completed the single player stuff, is the sense I get.

That’s definitely the way I hope it is.

I still don’t understand why RDR was never ported to PC.

Think it was the engine/code for the original PS3 version being so customized to get it working on that machine it wasn’t deemed worth it to try and port it to the PC.

And the 360 version code?

Don’t care how it’s implemented just so long as it has six-shooters, shotguns, horses, and dust. Though, I would prefer a prequel since the first was set at what I consider to be the end of the Wild West (Hollywood version) era.

Rockstar never has plans to bring anything to PC until they bring that thing to PC.