Red Dead Redemption sequel?

CAN’T WAIT. So yummy.

The cut scenes look nice. I loved RDR but I really hope the “random” encounters this time aren’t the same 5 or 6 encounters that play out the same way every time in this version.

I didn’t need another trailer to convince me this is a Day One game for me. In fact this is my #1 most anticipated game of 2018 by far (well, unless Cyberpunk 2077 has a 2018 release, then it’s a tie!).

Top: RDR2 trailer 2
Bottom: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

MammothUnknownBooby

In case there are other people like me who never played the original game because they were hoping for a remaster, it’s available for about $7 on the xbox store and is backwards compatible on the Xbox One X (and regular One).

Although it’s not expressly enhanced, it does benefit from gaining a rock solid framerate (still locked at 30 though) and doesn’t drop like it did regularly on the ps3/x360. Have to say it looks pretty damned good still too - I only had the PS3 version before, which I gather wasn’t quite as good as the xbox 360 version, but it’s suddenly become my game of choice on my Xbox One X.

The main thing that’s noticeable compared to current gen games is the less sophisticated lighting/shading/shadows - by comparison, RdR looks flatter - but the character models and animations and even the textures look MUCH better than I expected for a game this old now.

I basically never play games twice, but GTA5 is a rare exception. And I am sure RDR2 will be as well. So look at it this way: you get the chance to play it twice, so

Yes @desslock I played through RDR on Xbox One as well and I also recommend it for anyone who hasn’t already. Does not feel like a last-gen game.

I am not sure if I want to play it twice though…RDR was great but one playthrough was more than enough for me. Mexico dragged already :)

Been replaying this while on holiday. It still looks beautiful, which makes me think RDR2 is going to look amazing. Just got to Mexico, which has my favourite landscapes. Love just riding around here.

Aaand I’m out - They will, of course, have microtransactions.

Take two president says they will keep microtransactions in Red Dead Redemption 2

I’m still remaining hopeful that the there will be a functional single player campaign relatively uneffected by this mess. Looking at GTA 5, it seems the multiplayer side is very lucrative and that is where they will milk players and lootbox it to shit, but I have no interest in that side anyway, so am still looking fowards to RDR2…

If it’s like AC Origins microtransactions, where you can buy mounts, cosmetic stuff, crafting materials if you’re lazy, then I’m ok with it. Just keep it out of my face when I play the game.

I’m pretty good at ignoring things. Not going to let a little thing like micro transactions get between me and the Old West.

Surprise, surprise.

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Reiterates Financial Outlook for Fiscal Year 2019

Continues to expect both record Net Bookings and record net cash provided by operating activities, in excess of $2.5 billion and $700 million, respectively

NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Feb. 1, 2018-- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO) today reiterated its financial outlook for its fiscal year 2019, ending March 31, 2019, which it originally announced on May 23, 2017.

The Company’s wholly-owned label, Rockstar Games, has announced that Red Dead Redemption 2, which had been planned for release during Spring 2018, is now planned to launch on October 26, 2018 to allow additional time to further polish the final product.

Despite this change, Take-Two continues to expect to deliver both record Net Bookings and record net cash provided by operating activities, in excess of $2.5 billion and $700 million, respectively, during fiscal year 2019, led by the launches of Rockstar Games’ Red Dead Redemption 2 and a highly anticipated new title from one of 2K’s biggest franchises.

I’m oddly pleased by this since I would have to drop everything I was playing to get in on this and now I have more time to wrap up other stuff and also not buy new games. Ha, I almost made it through that with a straight face.

Nice screenshots. I hope singleplayer is meaty and completely unaffected by the microtransaction nonsense. Would be nice to have the PC version day one, not sure if I want to settle with Pro version.

Don’t think there is a confirmed PC version is there?

No, they won’t confirm that until they sucker enough people into buying the console version out of impatience. They’ve done PC versions of the majority of their games, though, particularly flagship stuff like this, and they’d be insane to do the same fucked up workflow that supposedly prevented an RDR1 port on the sequel.

I have zero doubt PC version will come out, but yes, they will only announce it after console versions are out. The strategy works well for them, sadly.

Chance has to be greater than zero it doesn’t come out, since the first game never had a PC version.

Completely fine with the transaction stuff if it’s the same or very similar to GTA5, where it doesn’t affect single player at all