Red Dead Redemption sequel?

Least surprising news ever. Still, Fck R for pretending PC version doesn’t exist.

Well, thanks for telling us PC gamers we don’t matter.

They know we’ll buy it again on PC, just like with GTA V. :(

I’ll just wait until the PC version, just like I did with GTA V. And RDR. Granted, only one of those games got a PC version, but…

(They did bite me on GTA IV and LA Noire, though.)

What is the justification this time around for excluding PC? Have they actually addressed that at any point?

You’re all suckers and will buy it multiple times and if you don’t believe us, look at the GTA sales numbers? Probably something along those lines.

It’s Rockstar. They don’t justify anything. They just put stuff out and rake in the money.

Of course not. They just pretend PC does not exist right until the very moment they announce the PC version, which will happen estimately 6 months after release of console version.

And impatient gamers flood them with cash to buy the console version, and then again to buy the PC one when it comes out, only encouraging this behavior even more. If people voted with their wallets it would stop happening.

Well, that is exactly what people are doing. It just so happens that it’s not what you would like people to vote.

FWIW I’m doing that this time. Last time I happened to have an Xbox, this time, no. I’m not shelling out for another platform just for a sequel.

Of course, as I say this, it just adds to the thoughts of, “damn son you need another console, now!”

Strauss Zelnick:

“We’ve already said that fiscal 2019, which isn’t that far away, is $2.5bn net sales minimum, £700m cash flow from our operations minimum… that’s pretty consequential.”

“We are moving in the direction of that goal, David [Ismailer] has outlined his five-year plan that will get us part way there. Obviously we know what Rockstar tends to do. And Rockstar’s activities have been transformed by Grand Theft Auto Online.

Emphasis mine.

Has Rockstar confirmed that there isn’t going to be a remaster of the first Red Dead? I’d like to play it some time, but will hold off if there’s going to be a better version of the original at some point.

Has Rockstar ever done a remaster? I don’t mean up-rezzingnlike when they put the GTAs on iOS, but an actual remaster?

GTAV when it came out on PS4/Xbox1 and PC.

I guess so, though I think of that more as releasing on new and better platforms that had some added features to take advantage of them. That’s kind of like my GTA example for iOS, they have better resolutions too, though none were marketed as Remastered.

So I guess RDR already had a kind or GOTY release with the Undead Nightmare packaged together, and they’ve already said there’s no way it gets a PC release, so I’d bet that is all we will be getting.

Ha ha what? I have never heard of this! When did it come out?

Bully was released in 2006 and it was a pretty cool high school version of GTA. Detention, shooting spitballs, skateboarding, paper routes, sneaking into the girls dorm…etc
It was pretty fun!

Set within the fictional town of Bullworth, the story follows a student and his efforts to rise through the ranks of the school system. The open world design lets players freely roam Bullworth, which includes a number of towns. The game is played from a third-person perspective and its world is navigated on-foot, skateboard, scooter, bicycle or by go-kart. Players control James “Jimmy” Hopkins, a student who is involuntarily enrolled at Bullworth Academy. He discovers that the school is filled with bullies, and becomes determined to bring peace, ultimately becoming more respected among town groups. Jimmy is also expected to attend class, which is a main gameplay aspect. In Scholarship Edition, a two-player competitive multiplayer mode lets two players compete for the highest score in different classes.

Well, uh, yeah. Now how about the remaster?