Red Dead Redemption sequel?

That’s very thoughtful of you, kedaha. Cheers for that!

I’m thrilled to have made the front page of QT3! Thanks for the write up, Tom! I figured the only way that would happen was if I derailed the 20:20 movie game name thread again!

Also, that’s a fantastic point about the mode and speed of traversal.

That is one of my two criticisms of The Witcher 3, and my primary one with Fallout 4.
TW3 has one of my the most stunning game worlds ever, wonderful sound design and atmosphere by the bucket.

My favourite moment is riding through white orchard in the epilogue, everything golden hued. No monsters, no quests, no points of interest. Just a ride on horseback as the sun figuratively and literally sets.

Why didn’t TW3 give me more space to simply… breathe in the world?

Looky looky…

Note the chromatic aberration effect.

HD remaster?

If so, that seems like a great opportunity to do that PC port.

Finally. The only 360 disks that I saved.

Still no PC? Man.

That’s almost – almost! – enough to get me to drag my Xbox One out of the junk closet!

-Tom

COME ON, let’s go, let’s go! I guarantee you could get a bunch of us on a session, and you could stream it to your youtube page from the Xbox. I think. Man, I want to play this game again.

I find it hard to believe there are more than three or four people on this forum with an Xbox One. Now if there was a PS4 version available…

But, yeah, those were great times running around with you guys.

-Tom

Yeah, that was some fun. I remember playing a lot of Red Faction Guerrilla MP as well.

The backwards compatibility is the only reason I would go out and Buy an Xbone.

[quote=“JonRowe, post:51, topic:78449, full:true”]
Yeah, that was some fun. I remember playing a lot of Red Faction Guerrilla MP as well.[/quote]

Wow, that brings me back as well!

You guys playing Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox One will have to report back and let us know how it goes. I presume the Undead Nightmares content is also being included, right? I mean, it wouldn’t make much sense to add backwards compatibility without included DLC.

-Tom

Huzzah

From Rockstar’s page:

[quote]Today we’re happy to announce that Red Dead Redemption will be released as part of Microsoft’s Xbox One Backward Compatibility program this coming Friday, July 8th.

Starting on Friday, every Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 owner will be able to play the game directly on their Xbox One, regardless of which version of the game they own (Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare and Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition).

And for those who have yet to experience it, the game will be available to purchase on Friday from the Games Store on Xbox One.[/quote]

The Xbox Live summer sale does have Red Dead Redemption on sale for $7.49 for Gold members this week. Undead Nightmare is not on sale though, it’s still $10 (full price).

FUCK YES!

RDR is one of my favorite games of all time.

So how does this actually work? I have my original 360 disc for the game, and I also have the Undead Nightmare DLC attached to my Xbox Live account. What happens when I put the disc into the XBO?

Your Xbox One might have to go through a one time update if this is your first time playing a backwards compatibility game. If you had your previous save game on the 360 on the cloud save, then you can run the game after the updates and even load your saved game. If not, then you’ll have to start a new game. You can always go back to the 360, if you have access to one, and transfer the old save to the cloud save.

But yeah, you put in the disc, it installs the disc (this takes a long time since they seem to download the full game over the internet), and then you play. You can press the menu and back buttons at the same time to bring the old 360 blade interface up during the game. And meanwhile, you’ll also have access to the Xbox One features like being able to snap TV, Hulu, etc, take screenshots, record footage for uploading, etc.

Looks like we have a solid backwards compatibility job!

Fantastic news!

Can’t wait to revisit this old friend.

Man that was a great game.

Not that I have an XBox One yet, but if my copy of Undead Nightmare is not a physical one (although RDR is), will I still be able to play that?