Red Dead Redemption sequel?

Trailer time:

Looks gorgeous.

Yeah, that looks incredible. PC version incoming.

Looks amazing. Now comes the hard part: waiting a year for this.

Looks like Red Dead Redemption with GTA V’s engine. Nice skybox.

And then another year or two for the PC release so that I can actually play it.

It’s just The Witcher with guns.

That’s exactly what The Witcher needed! I’m in.

Yeah, looks like that to me too. Gorgeous, as I expected, but not surprisingly so.

Yes, this looks like the GTA5 engine to me.

Was pretty, but was hoping to get at least a little indication of who the main character(s) is/are.

And that’s not awesome because why?

Do you really think it will have RPG systems deeper than RDR had and highly branching reactive narrative with choices, consequences, multiple endings and shit ton of well written quests ?

If yes, sign me up! Now where is that damn PC version?! :)

From the promo picture and shots in this trailer, as well as the game’s name, I conclude that we will play as Marston again (and possible someone else) from his time as an outlaw as part of the gang.

Good lord this looks amazing. Whatever engine it is, that’s impressive, even if only a trailer.

Ah, now here’s the true platform fuckery.

[quote]
Hand crafted to take full advantage of PS4, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Check back on PlayStation.Blog for more details soon and for all of the latest information on Red Dead Redemption 2.[/quote]

Select online content? You can have it, PlayStation. Just don’t gimp my single player experience please.

The twist is that the whole thing is online! KA-POW!

Don’t think it’s that much of a big deal. Seems just like one of these standard exclusive agreements akin to EA’s or Activision’s deals with the platform holders. Temporay exclusivity to “select” online content… eh.

Get your Shyamalan out of my cowboy game!

Sure, but that sort of stuff can sting depending on where you fall on the timed exclusivity line. For GTA Online, there’s only a couple of packs they released that are really “game-changers” and none of those were early on. (Cunning Stunts, for example, being the best of the installments, and that only came very recently.) Going by that precedent, this deal is no big thing. Personally, that kind of online stuff is not a big draw anyway.

But… We don’t know how much of a thing RDR2 online is going to be. How much emphasis Rockstar will put on it. Because times have changed since RDR. GTA Online probably makes a ton more profit for Take-Two than anything else they have. They’re certainly not shy about crowing about the impact it has on their bottom line every quarter. It’s certainly the most popular component of the game now.

Let’s split the difference and say it will be about equal to the wait Activision makes CoD fans go through for map packs and zombie chapters when they’re on the wrong platform. Ask those fans how they feel about it.