Red Notice (Netflix) - Johnson, Reynolds, Gadot

Maybe this is why I enjoy Central Intelligence way more than I should? They flipped the roles there and it’s fun watching the Johnson’s character who looks like he should be the straight man actually not be.

I was not expecting to like that film and I loved it. Hart and Dwayne together are gold on film and in interviews. Never been a huge fan of either, but that movie was so entertaining.

Regardless of how this film comes out, that’s a pretty bunch of folks and will watch.

New trailer. Looks like dumb fun.

I 100% am going to watch that.

Fixed that for you, Sir!

I will watch it, but it probably won’t be better than the book.

I think Polygon didn’t like it.

From that review, it definitely sounds like a Michael Bay movie. Like 6 Underground. I’m sure it will be a big hit for Netflix.

Can it be as bad as The Rock’s rapping my daughter showed me yesterday? If so, definite no from me.

You’re welcome.

What can I say except I’ll still watch it.

Same, it looks fun and that’s all I require of my films.

Scott trust me I could go on and on
I could explain every reason I’ll watch it on
The cast, the hook, the fun
I like most things that Johnson has done
Its got Gadot and I’m not nuts
Shes got a charm that can pull down some butts
And with Reynolds playing himself today
He’s still fun to watch when he’s doing it anyway
And if the film turns out to be bad
That is something that will be making me sad
So when the kids go to bed, whenever that happens
I won’t be dissuaded even by Rock ra-ah-ah-ah-ap hey!

And if you don’t get that reference, I think I can speak for @rhamorim and myself, and you need to go watch Moana again.

Watching Moana again is rarely a bad idea. I love that one.

Netflix considered 6 underground a flop. Decent viewer numbers, but not in comparison to the budget.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2021/07/netflix-michael-bay-6-underground-failed-1234654187/amp/

I’d like this to be good. But every Netflix movie I’ve seen always leaves me thinking that they have a good skeleton of a film. But it always needs another rewrite or two to tighten things up. And scenes feel like the take right before the one that really nails it…but they never actually get to the best take due to budget/time limitations of a Netflix film.

We watched this tonight. Movie by committee is an apt description. Even RR wasn’t himself.
Also, I think that the Rick & Morty heist episode ruined this genre for me.

It had its moments but it was also very paint by numbers. Its basically a one liner heist flick with big star power that, when taken as a whole, feels kind of mailed in. Its worth watching but not very memorable. Then again that sums up a lot of Netflix’s movie offerings.

30 minutes in I’m already bouncing off the Aviation Gin product placement (Reynolds’s company) and the fact that Interpol apparently has a black-site prison in…wait for it…Russia?

And of course escaping said Russian Interpol prison is super easy, barely an inconvenience.

I do appreciate the frequent exposition dumps just in case I didn’t quite get what happened in the previous scene.

At least I took an edible beforehand.

Edit: this is a profoundly silly movie.

Sounds like this one goes on the “I’ll watch the Pitch Meeting and have way more fun in those 5 minutes than I would in its actual runtime” pile.