Redfall - Arkane's vampire hunting co-op opus

Unplayable on anything without internet, yes.

Public service announcement! The Epic games store will be giving this game away for free starting tomorrow through Feb. 7.

That is likely a deal breaker for me picking this up

It’s on game pass, so there’s no decision one way or the other for most of us.

There seem to be warring factions!

Very nice. Little things making it look more polished now as it gets closer to release.

I’m still cautious. Is it just a co-op FPS or is it like BL with loot, levels, and talent trees?

I’m still unsure what I’m looking at, here.

Same thing here. And like Deathloop, I predict this game won’t sell for shit.

Good thing it’s on Game Pass because I’d never buy/play it otherwise.

If it wasn’t on GP I would wait on reviews, but it’s hard to imagine myself not buying an Arkane immersive game.

The marketing has been awful. It really is a SP game with all those elements you mention with a co-op option. Co-op has been waaay over-emphasized.

Unless I am totally missing something - which is entirely possible.

Yeah, my vague impression from the marketing is that its a L4D clone with some bells and whistles…

I thought it was more a Far Cry clone.

Until I watched that trailer, I thought it was a game about you playing a heroic mouse (Redwall, not Redfall…)…

I’ve been ignoring the marketing because Arkane are so terrible at just explaining what you do in their games that the trailers just raise more questions than they answer. I’ll try it when it comes out.

I guess I’m an outlier on this forum. This looks like a day one purchase for me. I’ve liked all of the Arkane titles so far (even Deathloop). I imagine that I’ll like this also.

I don’t want to imply that I’m not interested, since I’ve also enjoyed Dishonored/Prey/Deathloop games, but I’m just a bit apprehensive if this game is actually in line with those as opposed to the L4D format.