Regiments: Microprose's Cold War RTS (think Massive Entertainment's World in Conflict!)

Microprose is running an open play test of its real time strategy game set in 1989 between Nato and the Warsaw Pact:

Click on the request access button and you will get immediate access.

Looks interesting and the playtest gives a good free option to try it out.

Between this and Warno, should be a good year for Cold War toys.

oooh pretty!

equally pretty! Hadn’t seen that one either thanks.

I hope this is more cerebral/less of a clickfest than the Eugen games. I’ll have to watch the video a lot closer.

Are you aware of Armored Brigade? Sounds like it could be right up your street.

Yes, and I own it. And someday I’ll get the time collected to learn how to play it :\

Have spent all of 5 minutes in the game and I’m finding this very impressive. Even though I have no clue what I’m doing I’m enjoying it a lot more than the Eugen Wargame titles.

OK did the tutorials. Not as much variety as Wargame, but enjoying the more palatable pacing. Very nice.

What specifically do you mean by pacing, as Wargame did allow you to slow the game down? Do you mean the sheer amount of micro-management that Wargame required?

Yes, that exactly.

Excellent

I am not sure if Eugen thought it was a problem or a feature, but the level of micro needed in Wargame was crazy. Steel Division was a bit less.

Some gameplay footage I found tonight:

Excellent. Thanks!

It’s out today! Anyone snag it yet?

I did, and I like it WAYYYY better than WARNO from Eugen.

Whoa, there big fella! I’ve tried all the Eugen stuff except WARNO and only been able to handle micro-managey clicking back in the second one (Air Land Battle, maybe). Despite really wanting like them. Is Regiments less cpm and more tactics/strategy? If so, I will have to take the dive myself.

A lot of the Steam reviews are saying it’s much less frantic and micro-ey than Eugen games.

Yup, I read that a few min ago and it’s getting very hard to not click the Buy button. Even if the recommended 1080 specs are slightly above my 1060.

Yes, which is exactly how I felt as well and why I like Regiments so much.

I’d like to know more, too. I watched a little bit of a video and it still looked very fast paced & there was talk in the comments about infinitely spawning enemies. I don’t have to have realism, but some is good.