#ReleasetheMemo

I think there are sincere evangelicals and I give them more credit than that.

Flowing from their premises, I understand their point of view. I just don’t accept their premises.

The thing is, I’m wondering if abortion is a domino theory issue for the evangelicals.

Let’s say hypothetically that Roe v Wade is overturned. What next? The people who have been empowered by those voters, donations, etc aren’t going to give up that power, at least in my mind.

I mean, once you start with “God works in mysterious ways” as a premise you can justify literally anything.

I think you have voters who see abortion as a major issue and something they should devote time and money into preventing, and then you have politicians who are willing to use that issue and often that money for their advantage.

If abortion was somehow ruled totally illegal tomorrow you would have groups/politicians/individuals who would argue that the fight to keep it illegal was still needed. And they would urge people to be vigilant and to stand by those who supported them.

Just my irregular periodic reminder that if you think abortion is bad, you should be voting for increased funding for women’s health clinics, free birth control for everyone no questions asked, and sex education in middle school. Because those things reduce abortions.

In other words, everything the Republican party is against.

Remember how Hillary was held accountable for everything people didn’t like about her husband and how Trump isn’t held accountable for things he actually did.

Well, remember, abortion voters are exclusively anti-women, not pro-baby, so none of them actually care about that shit, because they’re incredibly bad people.

By George! I think you’ve got it!

And Pro-Social Control.

Well, I am glad you settled that for us. You did add that to the Wikipedia page, right?

Was there less abortion during slavery times? Maybe we could go that route.

If abortion were outlawed these people would move on to the next thing, “Christianity vs. everyone else”. Once Christians obliterated all other religions and Atheists, there’d be something else. For the Christian GOP voter at this point in time who still support the GOP despite their massive moral and ethical abuses (and trying to strip this country of its Democracy), there will always be “just one more thing” that keeps them supporting the party of Fascists. If they look at trump and make excuses for him, his treason, his misogyny, his hate, his racism, his disgust for the poor, taking money out of the hands of children’s cancer charities, his love of Nazis, abandoning millions of people in Puerto Rico, wasting tax payer money so he can constantly vacation, fleecing this country of money to pour into his personal coffers and business, lying every single day he’s been in office, must I go on? destroying entire departments of science because he doesn’t like reality, his support of child rapists? He’s a monster.

Surprise.

Par for the crabgrass course we are playing on. Still, it’s not dead, just back to committee.

Waiting for the leak.