Relic's Space Marine

They don’t have any, so probably.

Anyone remember the Rainbow Warriors out of RT? I can’t help thinking this would have been the pinnacle of action games if they’d used those.

EDIT: PapaSmurf if you’re curious about the becoming-a-SM fluff, check out the first of the Space Wolf novels from Black Library.

Awesome :)

That’s pretty amusing. I’m especially fond of the Dramamine Ear replacement and the “Oh yeah, that entire side of my face was scarred when I was 16 and learning to shave. They should teach you to do that -before- they implant the Larraman Organ.” Oh, also the Neuroglottis: “A marine can even track down his target by taste.” Look, if you’re close enough to lick them, I can’t help but think you could probably have tracked down your target without the aid of a fancy additional organ!

I like the Sus-an membrane. Don’t call me Susan!

GW think this stuff 'through.

I like how in the Ian Watson fiction, space marines could eat the brains of the people they killed to find out what they were planning.

Believe it’s the cover of the Ultramarine Codex, with Marneus Calgar (Ultramarine Chapter Master) and the Gauntlets of Ultramar being the main focal point of that piece of art.

The 40K setting has got to me one of my favorite, if not the favorite, settings out there. I just love it.

I hope we start seeing some RPGs in that world. I’d love something with the depth of Elder Scrolls set in the 40K universe.

is there any truth to the rumor that this game is really a gears of war rpg? sorta like a 3rd person borderlands? if so, i think it could be awesome. havent read much on it, so maybe they said it already?

That was the rumor, but according to RPS that’s been cut, and it’s more like God of War now. Straightforward action with one or maybe a few upgrade paths.

What I don’t get is why don’t they do anything with their eyes.

I guess their helmets have all the zooming and such built in. Unless you’re a sergeant or officer, in which case you…ask your squaddies to tell you what they see?

OH DAMN! seriously could have been cool. i mean i’ve been playinf DOWII campaign recently and it felt like playing a crpg. meaning they were well on the track of making it work as a shooter!

Eh… They see with them? Fluff-wise, they have a brain implant that gives them low-light vision and a sort of zoom function. It’s no doubt in that link someone posted.

Occulobe

Phase 10: This implant sits at the base of the brain, and provides hormonal and genetic stimuli which enable a Marine’s eyes to respond to optic-therapy. This in turn allows the Apothecaries to make adjustments to the growth patterns of the eye and the light-receptive retinal cells - the result being that Space Marines have far superior vision to normal humans, and can see in low-light conditions almost as well as in daylight.1

Like that?

Though technically not Space Marine.

How many eunuch boxers/martial artists/warriors do you recall?

Man, everything about this game is making me giddy. I love all this stuff so much, as some of you guys know, and relic seems to be hitting all the right notes, and their attitude is spot on.

Anyone know if they’re hiring?

Also, giantbomb had a studio visit, so here is a small interview and some footage: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/relic-and-warhammer-40k-deploy-a-tougher-space-marine/2427/

The Marines exist only to die in glorious battle for the Emperor…who needs women and all their distractions? I believe they’re technically immortal too, though war seems to take them out after a few hundred years or so.

I’ve never liked Sisters of Battle. A cheese side that no one should play (like Dark Eldar).