Remnants of the Precursors: Master of Orion, but modern, free, and smart

Brian did a playthrough/interview when Alpha 4 was released two years ago!

A MOO FAQ would be pretty accurate but there were well-known player strategies and exploits that will not work because they have been fixed.

One of the things I couldn’t figure out in the game I just played is how to create and use troops. I had some planets go into rebellion and I needed to send troops, but I had no idea how to do that.

Also, the game crashed in year 740. I was autoplaying a battle and it dumped me out of the game.

Always send me the screenshot and saved game file and I can fix it. This is still an Alpha test. Everyone who is downloading and playing the game during the alpha are serving in the role of a QA group.

Just to let you know, since the Alpha 5, there has been a couple of issues when trying to download the .jar through the itch.io client on the Mac: the client seems unable to download it (it says it can’t find something to donwload or such). For that same reason, I gather, it doesn’t push updates.
Of course simply downloading the file through an internet browser doesn’t give any such issues.

Maybe because it’s a jar file?

It didn’t have any issue way back when with Alpha 4. That being said, the itch.io client didn’t work for about 3 months (it couldn’t authenticate to its own website) last year, so the support for that thing seems sketchy at best, and an issue related to jar files may have appeared in the span of the last two years!

The only thing that superficially changed since Alpha 4 is that the jar file is 2-3 times larger now.

Okay, that’s a she? I really could not tell that at all. It does not look like either a woman or a friendly grandma. I like what you were going for but I just don’t think this gives that impression. To me it’s just really creepy.

Imagining how alien we would appear to another species I like what the image is going for. Creepy indeed. Downloaded this over the weekend and looking forward to testing it out.

MoO1 is the best MoO. This may be even better.

I wanna mod avarasala’s picture in there. I’ve seen things. Pistachios launched at c speeds.

A) agreed, humie portrait is weirdly terrifying. Dig the Renaissance vibe, put off by the crazy huge flesh beak and face that literally looks like it got hit by a shovel.

B) fuck yeah Avasarala

C)

Ok I’m in, soon as I get evaluated by Grandpa’s ghost.

Why is no one posting the image of the human council meeting?

Also, related to humans… Astrophysicist Sara Seager gave me her permission to use her image for the human scientist

This one would be great:

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/015/646/575/large/varsha-vijayan-avasarala-by-varsha-vijayanp-x.jpg?1549094838

Because that one is great and doesn’t terrify us? :)

I like the portrait. I agree it looks creepy and I love that. I like playing creepy looking species in my 4Xs!

The future is quite…jubbly.

Haha now I know what the guy in the back is looking at.

Almost like she’s in the middle of saying “Jesus, Ray, can you give me a break here? I don’t like when you stare like that. No one likes when you stare like that.”

(I like the council picture though)

That’s super cool!