Reno 911: Miami

Pretty much three episodes of the show back to back with swearing, nudity, and cameos. If you’re a fan of the show I can’t recommend it enough, if you don’t like the show don’t bother. Personally, thumbs way up.

More importantly, there was a trailer for Hot Fuzz before the movie. That looks pretty fantastic.

Super Troopers 2.0?

I quit watching Reno 911 when their ads were patched into SWAT 4 after release.

It’s the funniest movie I’ve seen in a long, long time. The motel scene is hilarious and pretty impressive since it looks like it’s all done in one take

To be fair, that makes you a childish weirdo. The show flat out rocks, as does the movie.

“What are you covered in?”

“Appletini… and lube.”

Yes, I agree. Fan of the series, you’ll like the movie. Not a fan of the series, you’ll probably not like it.

But, it is great. And, I think almost every member of The State made a cameo. That made me smile a little.

I’ve never seen the TV show, but I liked Supertroopers and thought the trailers were pretty funny… will I like the movie?

It’s low-brow entertainment, but sometimes clever low-brow entertainment. I like the show,
but there’s no chance in hell I’ll see the movie before a worldwide DVD release is available :(

Reno 911 goes more for the faux reality show feel, like a satirical Cops. Supertroopers has more of a cop movie satire feel. So, I don’t think liking one will indicate whether you’ll like the other. Personally, I like both. But, I also know plenty of people that like one but not the other.

That said, I’d say go see it. It is pretty funny, its like smart low-brow humor, if that makes any sense.

EDIT: hah, beat by EvilIdler on the smart/clever low brow humor idea.