Republic of Rome forum game II

Manlius is lonely, he wants a knight to join him.

@rho21

He rolls a 5 and just fails to attract one.

@Knightsaber has a new hand card and an initiative.

The Shepherds will name Macedonius our Faction Leader. @rho21

OK. Any other actions?

Acilius will take a wild shot at a knight, I suppose.

Acilius rolls a 1 and fails.

Starting with @CF_Kane, any bid for the next initiative?

@rho21 Bid 1.

@antlers is the only other player with the money to bid.

Assidui will pass on the current initiative bid

@CF_Kane: you get a hand card. Actions?

@rho21, Quinctius will spend one to attempt to attract a knight.

@antlers, I drew Scipio (finally), but we cannot play him until the revolutions phase. We will need to minor prosecute Cornelius this turn in order to make sure that you don’t pull out an automatic victory once Scipio comes into play. We will probably need to at least one additional minor on Scipio after the end of the Punic Wars.

I’m not at all convinced there’s a point to pursuing the Punic wars even with Scipio.

Scipio changes the odds of winning from 35-ish percent to 50-ish percent, I think.

Edit: I might mean not losing everything. I had a nifty spreadsheet tool but I lost it.

Quinctius rolls a 6 and gets a knight.

@antlers: you are the only player left with money on senators. Do you wish to pay for the final initiative or let the Populares have it?

@rho21 - Cornelius will bid 1 for the initiative

I believe the best you can get it to is victory on a 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 17 or 18, which I make about 48%.

Not great, but most of the other results are not catastrophic so you can probably have several goes at it. After that, the land battle is rather easier thanks to veterans, about 65%.

@antlers: you draw the final card of the deck to hand. We will switch to the middle republic rules as soon as the first card is drawn next year. Actions?

@rho21 - Aurelius will roll for a knight; no bribe accompanying. That’s all for this initiative

The roll is 4, no knight is attracted.