Republic of Rome forum game II


#322

Senate

@antlers: the senate floor is yours to nominate this year’s consuls.


#323

So we will average one and a half new wars a year for the next four years? Even if we polish off one war a year we are falling behind.


#324

Assidui nominate the slate of Sulpicius of the Populares and Claudius of the Optimates.

Assidui cast their 11 votes for the proposed slate

@scottagibson
@Knightsaber
@CF_Kane

All may vote


#325

Populares cast 18 votes for this slate


#326

You may have our piddling 7 votes.


#327

Optimates vote Yes


#328

@scottagibson, @CF_Kane: can you agree on the consul positions?


#329

I’ll take whatever, assuming we are going to appoint a dictator. I was Rome last time, so if @scottagibson wants it this time that is fine with me.


#330

Ok, Claudius as Rome Consul then.


#331

I’ll point out that of the Senators with 4 military skill, Flaminius has the least influence-- perhaps a good choice for Dictator?


#332

Good point.

I’d like to do this as a consensus. Unfortunately, we’re talking about 3 offices (Dictator, MH, Censor) among 4 factions, someone is going to be / feel left out.

So, if I were to agree to Flaminius as Dictator, what would be his choices for MH and Censor?


#333

Assume censor would go to Southwestern Mountain Shepherds, as per our rotation-- I guess Papirius. That would leave Master of Horse to go to one of the two mil 4 candidates, Julius or Fabius. Kind of a tossup to me. If we went strictly by least influence, it would be Julius. Master of Horse as an office isn’t that great, though-- you run the risk of combat death without the chance of reaping the proceeds of victory.


#334

@CF_Kane, you are co-Consul, what do you think?


#335

I will agree to be left out this turn in exchange for considerations next turn (or the next time we appoint a dictator). Julius can wait at his base influence until needed.


#336

Very well.

Propose we appoint Flaminius Dictator

@CF_Kane please indicate if you concur with the appointment.

@antlers Agree it makes sense to have Fabius as MH and Papirius as Censor.


#337

If the consuls agree on a Dictator no election is required (for Dictator; still need voting on other stuff)

If Flaminius is selected as Dictator, his program will be as follows:

Select Fabius of the Optimates as Master of Horse

Nominate Papirius of the Southwestern Mountain Shepherds as Censor

Send 5 additional fleets to Aemilius in Sicily to attack the Carthaginians (40% victory, 9% stalemate, 31% standoff, 20% disaster; can’t get above 49% victory with any number of ships)

Raise 5 additional legions and take 9 legions to crush the impudent Gauls. (75% chance of victory, 10% disaster, 15% standoff or stalemate; can’t get above 85% victory with any number of legions)


#338

Might as well, we’re going to lose to active wars if we don’t.


#339

@rho21 @antlers I concur on Flaminius as dictator.


#340

@rho21 - Flaminius chooses Fabius of the Optimates as Master of Horse

Flaminius nominates Papirius of the Southwestern Mountain Shepherds as Censor

Assidui cast 11 votes for Papirius for censor

@CF_Kane
@scottagibson
@Knightsaber

All may vote on the censor’s nomination


#341

Populares vote yes.