Republic of Rome forum game II

I’m going to just wait quietly for the Revolution Phase, now. :D

Tell me that means you’ve got my large adult son, Scipio Africanus.

Oh oops, sorry. I’m sleepy this evening.

Revolution

Players may trade cards at this time.

Then players may play any statesmen or concessions they hold.

@CF_Kane, @Knightsaber, @scottagibson, @antlers

@rho21 - Assidui play the Tax Farmer concession on Valerius

Populares take no action

Shepherds trade a card for a card with the Optimates @scottagibson

@scottagibson gave me permission to conduct that trade and to play the card you hand over.

That card is:
Q. Fabius Maximus Verrucosus Cunctator [2A]
Popularity 0, Influence 3, Military 5, Oratory 2, Loyalty 7
As general (not master of horse): halve all combat losses

@rho21 The Shepherds play the Aegyptian Grain concession on Junius

Stupid sexy Fabius.

It’s a great name. Shame it translates as “warty delayer”, really.

Even sexier now.

I need to go to bed now, so mortality and revenue in the morning. Bets on me drawing chit number 2?

Oh, I should mention that Julius can think about revolting if he really wants.

I’ll allow you to just skip Mortality. It’s okay because I said it was?

@rho21 Julius will lay down his arms before crossing the Rubicon.

Things went well. How…surprising.

Mortality

Alia iacta non est. Julius does not care for dice.

For this great victory, the senate ordered a triumphal procession. First came 500 of the cavalry who had so distinguished themselves against the Gauls, marching through the streets of Rome amid the wild cheers of the populace. Next, one maniple to represent each legion, bearing its standard. If anything, the cheers grew louder.

When Julius and Fabius and their honour guard appeared at the end of the line, the noise was positively deafening. How like such humble servants of Rome to give their cavalry the place of honour at the head of the procession and march at the back themselves.

They marched down the long straight Via Flaminia from the walls directly to the senate where the full finery of the senators was on show to greet them.

Some 500 paces from end of the march, Julius stumbled and fell, an arrow protruding from his throat, just inches above his ornate breastplate. Into the stunned silence, a young man shouted “For Gaul!” even as the crowd turned on him and ripped him limb from limb. How had he come so close to the procession armed with a bow? How had no-one noticed him aim the fatal shot from a nearby rise?

And so Julius breathed his last in his moment of greatest triumph, his dreams of governorship and further campaigns sadly unfulfilled. O quam cito transit gloria mundi

Revenue

Recent events are sobering, but life goes on and Rome must still pay its bills.

Faction Revenue

Player Senators Knights Concessions Offices Total Income Previous Total Money
@Knightsaber 5 5 7 0 17 0 17
@CF_Kane 5 1 5 0 11 1 12
@antlers 6 3 4 0 13 6 19
@scottagibson 6 4 9 5* 24 21 45

* Pontifex Maximus income (1d6) = 5

Players, please distribute all funds as you see fit between faction and personal treasuries.
You may also trade money at this time.

State Revenue and Expenses

Base Wars Legions Fleets Land Bills Provinces Net Income Previous Treasury New Treasury
100 -40 -24 -24 0 1 13 63 76
  • Gallia Cisalpina (1d6 - 1) = 1
    EDIT: this was wrong, provinces without a governor don’t generate income.

Senators may make contributions to the state.
This will gain influence: 10T => 1 influence, 25T => 3 influence, 50T => 7 influence

Yikes, that was unexpected.

@rho21, Terentius donates 25 talents to the state, and holds 20 for the EO Insurance.

Edit: Suggest we all agree to let @Knightsaber re-acquire Aemilius. If so agreed, also suggest @Knightsaber hold enough cash to make the attempt.

I would like the opportunity, as the new faction on the bottom of the money/votes hierarchy, given Julius’s untimely death.

Ah, understood. Maybe you two can make an agreement of some kind about it rather than competing for it, so that we don’t waste a lot of money that we could otherwise use to fight? Just a suggestion of course.