Republic of Rome forum game II

Something like that is a good idea, but be aware that public agreements must be honored. So if you make a public agreement to that effect, you might want to limit it in some way. Also, it might be better to give the revenue to the state, to replenish the treasury.

Alright my public agreement proposal is that all ship building profits go into Rome’s treasury.

Edit ‘All of my’ ship building profits.

If you’re going to do that, ask for immunity from prosecution for your Senator holding the concession from the other factions. So you get something and it’s a real agreement among all the players. Just an idea.

Edit: And in fairness, probably it doesn’t have to be all the revenue.

@rho21My faction leader is Aurelius.

You guys got awesome faction cards. I guess that explains why the Assidui dwindled to nothing by the Late Republic.

It would be really helpful if we had $4 for each ship on the first turn, $3 for each ship on the next turn, and $2 going forward. We are going to need to build a bunch of ships and legions to survive.

In exchange, no prosecutions or assassination attempts unless the controlling senator has 18 influence or more (to stop a tyrant).

I’d also say that after the early republic, the deal ends and we renegotiate.

Maybe we should balance voting as well as influence in selecting officials: I propose Fabius and Aemilius consuls, instead of Julius and Aemilius. Perhaps the Pontifex position should fall on a faction that won’t be unduly influenced by its commercial interests.

I could agree to that arrangement, if Julius was made the Pontifex Maximus.

Also, I would propose that every faction have a turn in the consulship. Specifically, that no faction have two consuls without any other faction having one, and no faction having 3 without the others having 2, etc.

I would propose a public agreement (finally) that all of my Ship Building revenue will be placed directly into Rome’s treasury in exchange for Fulvius having immunity to prosecution and assassination until the end of the Early Republic, after which the agreement may be renegotiated.

I would agree to this. How long does the agreement last?

That seems like an excellent public-spirited resolution.

I agree with Knightsaber’s proposal re Fulvius.

If we want to make a public commitment to consular rotation, I propose that we renegotiate after the Early Republic. Also, I propose that with unanimous consent, we can bypass the requirement if necessary for the security of the republic.

For the Glory of Rome!

I’m off to bed shortly, so I’ll leave you to negotiate a little longer. I recommend not making any binding agreements that might be invalidated by the first mortality chit draw. :)

I’ll get the game running properly tomorrow morning.

Wise words from our moderator.

Mortality

Our story begins, as it must, with the great gods of Rome. In their own way, the gods have first veto of everything that we mortals may plan. But this winter they seem amused by the new spirit of cooperation infecting Rome and wont to let it play out as it will.

Mortality

Chit 30 drawn. Family 30 is not in play (it lives in the late deck) so there is no effect.

Revenue

Faction Revenue

Player Senators Knights Concessions Offices Total Income Previous Total Money
@antlers 5 0 0 0 5 0 5
@scottagibson 5 0 5 0 10 0 10
@Knightsaber 5 0 2 0 7 0 7
@CF_Kane 6 0 3 0 9 0 9

Players, please distribute all funds as you see fit between faction and personal treasuries.
You may also trade money at this time.

State Revenue and Expenses

Base Wars Legions Fleets Land Bills Provinces Net Income Previous Treasury New Treasury
100 0 -8 0 0 0 92 100 192

Senators may make contributions to the state.
This will gain influence: 10T => 1 influence, 25T => 3 influence, 50T => 7 influence

@rho21 5 talents each to Terentius and Plautius.

@rho21 5 to Quinctius and 4 to Julius.

@rho21 All to the Faction Treasury