Republic of Rome forum game II

I thought that reason recruiting coats were doubled first year was Evil Omens; I guess I missed that we also got a manpower shortage that year.

I don’t remember seeing one, I’ll be scrolling back.

Yep we had one. Republic of Rome forum game II

@Knightsaber

Assidui vote no on the consul slate

I believe I propose a new one, as it wasn’t unanimous against.

It was pleasant I could just let it play out this time; I think it’s worth us discussing what to do in this sort of circumstance for the future.

From one perspective, it would suck to have a rules error cost everyone the game; from another we’ve all been making mistakes, it’s part and parcel of the game, and we definitely want to allow players to capitalise on the minor mistakes of others to gain an advantage.

So, what do people think in general? Should we allow undoing actions when such an obvious rules mistake has occurred? Only if it’s such a huge swing it’s likely to cost everyone the game?

We had both ally deserts and manpower shortage in the first year. Evil omens wasn’t until the second year and was paired with drawing Hamilcar.

Yep, carry on.

If a proposal or prosecution of any sort fails and everyone but the presiding magistrate’s faction voted unanimously against it, the presiding magistrate may either pay 1 influence or step aside and hand over control to the next in line.

No, I think it’s fair to make us proceed. It’s a thinking game. If everyone is about to lose because the Rome Consul is an idiot (sorry about that), then that might be different. To steal from other forum games, I have been known to PM someone that is about to painfully lose a BSG game with a ‘great idea’ they’ve had.

It would also be only one point on the roll, so not that huge a deal.

We propose Furius of the Populares and Cornelius of the Assidui as Consuls for the year. Vote in any order.

Shepherds vote Yes.

@scottagibson @antlers @CF_Kane

Wasn’t it Fabius you wanted as dictator?

Aren’t we missing Fabius as Dictator again?

Oh. Hold on.

As no-one else has voted, I see no reason not to just undo this one. :)

Mixed up Furius and Fabius. Can you blame me, really?

Optimates vote Yes

Stupid, sexy Fabius.

You could probably set most of the names into the elements song pretty easily.

Populares vote yes.

Assidui vote yes