Republic of Rome forum game II

@antlers, @CF_Kane: do you have consensus on who will be Rome consul?

@antlers I’d prefer to be Rome, although it likely won’t matter given that we are appointing a dictator.

@rho21
@CF_Kane

I’m fine with Furius as Rome consul

I propose the appointment of Fabius Maximus Verrucosus Cunctator as dictator. @antlers?

@CF_Kane
@rho21

I concur with the appointment of Fabius as Dictator

@scottagibson: Fabius needs a master of horse, then Rome needs a censor.

@rho21 Aemilius will be Master of the Horse

I nominate Sulpicius as Censor

Optimates vote yes

@Knightsaber @CF_Kane @antlers please vote in any order.

Populares vote yes.

Assidui vote yes

How many legions can we afford to raise for Macedonia?

Edit: I think we would be at 22 (Dictator 5 MH 4 Legions 13) vs 16 with the -1 EO which gives us a net +5. So we have to raise 7 more to get to +12.

That means next turn we have 19 legions and 12 fleets for a maintenance cost of 62. Also we lose 60 for three active wars, total costs are 122 vs income of 100. But we’ll have unspent money 53 from this year, so it won’t bankrupt us next year. And we’ll need to contribute again.

I’m operating under the assumption that everyone is contributing until we finish the Punic Wars.

Me, too, though we have to decide if I continue to hold EO insurance or we want to roll the dice on that. I prefer the former, but that will probably take all my income next year.

Edit: If things go well in Macedonia, maybe we send D and MH to fight the Punic fleet battle next year, and a Consul and legions to defeat Illyria? So we’re at least using these assets we’re paying for.

We will have to see what other wars come our way, but I agree in principle.

I would think it makes sense to donate all of your income to the state. If we do hit evil omens, you’ll lose out on the Pontifex Maximus office, but at worst the state will be down 20T for each, which is no different than if you saved the 20T. If you have less than 20T, it makes even more sense to donate it, since the state would be making up the shortfall anyway.

Shepherds vote yes.

@scottagibson @rho21

@CF_Kane: Any prosecutions?

My lean is towards no prosecutions, though we may want to do a minor on Fabius next turn if possible, so that we can keep using him to fight wars without it becoming dangerous from an influence perspective.

Anyone have other thoughts?

I concur with that plan. We don’t want to interrupt any revenue streams at the moment, when all our funds are going to the Treasury.

Also agree in all respects.

I propose sending Aurelius to govern Cisalpine Gaul

Basing that just on highest influence from strongest voting block. I’ll take my turn if it comes to that as well.

Optimates vote Yes

@antlers @CF_Kane @Knightsaber please vote in any order.

Shepherds vote Yes.