Republic of Rome forum game II

If this is how he may best serve Rome, Aurelius is pleased to do so.

Assidui vote yes

I plan to raise 7 more legions to take to Macedonia with the ones we have. Is my math right on that? D +5 MH +4, veteran legion +2 and +18 for the rest gives us 29 vs 16 for the Macedonians and -1 for Evil Omens. So we’re fighting at +12 which puts us squarely in the victory range, ignoring disaster / standoff rolls.

And, is there anything else we ought to do this turn before we fight?

Can’t think of anything else.

Populares vote yes.

We should assign the available tax farmer concession. Preferably to the Populares, as we lost it when Cato died.

OK. No prosecutions confirmed; Aurelius heads off to Gaul.

There’s a 20% chance of hitting disaster or standoff against the Macedonians.

I think we should consider going against the Macedonians at +11 (18 total legions, 1 Veteran, 9 military skill, -1 evil omens, -16 strength) so we avoid the extra loss on a disaster roll.

Ooh, looking through the rules on appointing governors I discovered a rule I’d missed. Provinces don’t generate income for the state if they don’t have a governor. Helpful of them to put that in the Senate Phase rules rather than the Revenue Phase rules.

So I’m going to remove the 1 talent that Gallia Cisalpina produced this year from the state treasury. Sorry all.

Fabius’ special statesman power is to halve all combat losses when commander. (Did that get mentioned when he was played? It did! Woo.) So either way you’d have 5 losses on a disaster and 3 on a standoff.

That’s why Fabius is super sexy.

I propose we assign the available tax farmer concession to the Populares

…because it came from there.

Optimates vote Yes

@CF_Kane @Knightsaber @antlers please vote in any order

Edit: The assignment is to Furius, sorry

Shepherds vote Sure Why Not (Yes)

Assidui vote yes

You need to specify a senator, technically.

Populares vote yes. please stick it on Furius, unless there are any objections. Given the unanimous vote, I think that unlikely.

Done. @scottagibson: further business?

I propose to raise 7 more legions

Optimates vote yes

@antlers @Knightsaber @CF_Kane please vote

@rho21, assuming passage and to speed things up,

propose that the Dictator and MH take 5 fleets and all legions to prosecute the Macedonian war

Optimates vote yes to that as well.

Shepherds vote Yes and Yes.

Assidui vote yes on raising 7 more legions

@rho21Assidui play Influence Peddling on Optimates

Then

Assidui vote yes on Dictator and MH prosecuting Macedonian war with all legions and 5 fleets

Because there is no card description in the rules, can you spell out what that card does for the uninitiated?

@antlers