Republic of Rome forum game II

Aelius nominates Furius as Censor.

Populares vote yes.

Voting open at all. @scottagibson, @Knightsaber, @antlers.

We have a lot of cash right now, and should pick up more from the two wars. It may be worthwhile to build more legions now, in preparation for the war with Carthage. I can contribute the revenue from the concession back to the state so we get a discount.

I don’t think Furius can be Censor since he lacks the Prior Consul qualification.

This is true.

Your blatant consolidation of offices between the Populares and the Assidui is noted.

Perhaps a Shepherd or one of the Optimates as Censor?

Agree, we’ve got a Consul and PM from the Assidui, and a Dictator from the Populares. Time to share the influence out a bit.

Aelius proposes Claudius for Censor.

Sorry @Knightsaber, all your eligible guys have a ton of influence.

Open voting. Populares vote yes.

Works for me.

Shepherds vote Yes.

Assidui cast their votes for Claudius of the Optimates for Censor

Optimates vote Yes.

So passed. Prosecutions, censor?

No prosecutions.

@rho21, note that I no longer get +3 for battle proposals, that’s @antlers with the PM change.

We will need to preserve 40T for the Punic wars, 20T as evil omens insurance, and another 20T in case we blow a war. We will also need 58T for maintenance. We get 100T per turn, so we need to keep at least 38T to maintain our forces, assuming we don’t raise anymore.

That leaves us plenty of money to play with. I propose that we raise the 7 remaining legions. At a cost of 70T. That will leave us with 89. I propose we raise 5 fleets as well, leaving us at 39.

I will contribute the entire amount obtained from the Armaments Concession, and I expect @Knightsaber to contribute from the Naval Concession, which will cover the maintenance costs of the additional units. Assuming we win some wars, we should be flush with cash.

Aelius proposes raising 7 legions and 5 fleets.

Open voting. Populares vote yes. @scottagibson, @Knightsaber, @antlers, feel free to vote.

Well, I have to donate the fleet concession money, I made a binding agreement. :)

Shepherds vote Yes.

Optimates vote Yes for the glory of Rome

Assidui vote yes

@CF_Kane

That’s all the votes

Aelius proposes sending Cornelius against the Illyrians with 4 veteran and 6 additional legions. For the glory of Rome!

Populares vote yes.

Open voting. @Knightsaber, @antlers, @scottagibson.

@rho21, are there any concessions in the forum at this time? Everyone else, any other business following this vote, or should Aelius march?

The Optimates vote Yes

Shepherds vote Yes.