Republic of Rome forum game II

Terentius is a better choice than Claudius, but why are you so determined an Optimates be Censor? The sensible course is to advance Manilius this turn by way of Prosecutions.

Do not think that this nomination can succeed without the consent of the Assidui.

Whoever said I was determined that an Optimate be Censor? Feel free to veto this proposal if you like.

Optimates vote Yes

Also, I note that the only overtly unfriendly act thus far in the game was done by the Assidui, and they were particularly greedy in the last Forum round.

We clearly recall last year when the Assidui and Populares did everything they could to prevent our say in anything and everything.

If you want to see an overtly unfriendly act, we could elect anyone not of the Shepherds as a Governor and end the game barring an assassination, but we don’t plan on calling that to a vote.

Edit: I could always change my mind.

I apologize if it seemed that way to you. I would’ve been happy to see a Shepherd Field Consul or Censor last year. I thought there was some arrangement between the Populares and Optimates that resulted in an Optimates Censor; perhaps I was remiss in not using my veto then.

What about my card?

But who would vote with you? You don’t get to use your influence to sway Governor elections.

I suppose I could show you:

Macedonius’s influence of 28 + the Shepherds votes of 19 = 47 votes.

Populares 12 votes + Assidui 14 votes + Valerius’s rainy day fund of 10T + the Optimates votes of 11 = 47.

If anyone from another faction is sent away as Governor, I hold a Consul for Life majority.

As to who would vote with me for Governor, I may or may not have a trick up my sleeve.

I would like to see Rome progress to the Middle Republic, but all of this sudden mistrust is laborious.

I was at the point of having to discard intrigue cards or use them, and since I thought Rome was going to be defeated at any moment, I though it would be more fun to use them. Your hand gave me the highest probability of snatching a non-intrigue card.

I understand the logic of it, but it was an unfriendly act. Why should your need to discard a card cost me my card if we’re all working together?

It is that that concerns me.

Populares vote no. 12 votes.

I’d rather it be Aelius. That being said, I will not veto this vote and cannot control the outcome. I will note that I did not nominate a Populares candidate for Consul this turn when I could have done so with likely support. I just want to make it to the Middle Republic.

If it was an unfriendly act, it was hardly the first.

Which was the first?

We await your vote or veto on the Censor nomination, sirs.

Before I vote I want to know if there is a secret agreement between Shepherds and Optimates on the Censor office, and I want a public agreement on minor prosecutions.

Coming clean myself, I have a hand full of Tribunes, and I’d prefer not to waste more if this is a silly kerfuffle.

I’ll come clean and freely admit I am wasting your Tribunes.

We do not have a secret agreement on the Censor office. There’s also no way I’m going to enter a public agreement on prosecutions.