Republic of Rome forum game

You can say whatever you like about your hand, true or otherwise, to whomever you please.

We are the Kolbexarii, and Cornelius shall be our leader, furthermore he shall have a concession of Tax Farmer 5.

A change.

We are the Virtus Romana Faction.

Manlius (Manlia - gens) is our faction leader,

Our revered ancestor:

As well, @CraigM, I possess the below statesman, and would be willing to negotiate a trade:

L Aemilius Paullus Macedonicus [19A] (statesman)
Popularity 0, Influence 4, Military 5, Oratory 4, Loyalty 8
Nullifies Disaster and Standoff on Macedonian War cardS

This trade could not be completed until the Revolution Phase.

The capite censi are getting restless. Whither @CraigM and @Juan_Raigada?

I move we vote to censure them.

We are the Eastern Grain Company.

Outer leader is Papirius and he will have three concessions:
Mining
Land Commisioner
Ship Building

Pinging @CraigM

Motion to declare Cornelius Consul for Life.

My apologies all, stuff came up yesterday that had me offline all day. And work was… special today.

So I have designated that the stable managers, who failed their duties in ensuring timely commmnications, have been reassigned to shoveling duty.

I will answer @Navaronegun’s query briefly

I have dispatched a new envoy to the esteemed peninsular faction. I believe a trade is possible but wish to ensure understanding.

Will you trade a tax farmer concession you enumerated to me in PM for your aforementioned Statesman, @CraigM? Effective as of the Revolution Phase?

the terms are agreed.

I will appoint Aemilius as my faction leader as well, as I had not declared that.

It does appear that the Virtus faction has found disfavor with the gods, while the Kolberaxii and Claudius seem to be well favored.

No matter, time is the great equalizer. Perhaps our tax farmers will make the difference.

I also assign a tax farmer to my Aemilius family.

And hereby brand this faction the Rex Antiquis!

I’m going to assume that’s an unofficial deal for the time being.

Right, I have faction leaders from everyone and initial card plays from most of you. Does anyone else want to play a statesman or concession before we get going?

I did write my plays above.

Btw, since the deal was done in the open, isn’t it official?

Nothing to play from me, I’m ready to go.

Yep, I’ve got your plays recorded (and have removed the cards from your hand in the private message).

We had a discussion about open deals recently:

@rho we made it a deal in the open so it would be “public”. 😀

Yeah, I just think for avoidance of doubt both parties should say that it’s an official deal.

Yeah, the way we did it live was that a public deal is binding when the people involved have shaken hands on it.