Republic of Rome forum game

Aelius is the better Home consul by far. He should be Home consul. Flaminius can be Field consul.

Hmm, I’d rather be Home Consul myself. I’ll PM you a proposal.

I’ll lay it out here- Papirius may be looking at some investigations into his finances if the Eastern Grain company insists on being Rome Consul.

The censor wouldn’t have the votes. Just your own and your new men lackeys. We vote against the threatening King -pretender’s slate for consul, knowing we’ll lose.

This is an old RoR ploy, folks. They plan to rotate Rome Consul between them, threatening investigations, and spreading graft to each other, until stopped. Stopping them is easy. Aelius becomes Rome Consul and we all vote against the Censor’s prosecutions, neutering the threats, and ending this attempt at an early game cabal.

Well, you can’t know that he doesn’t have the votes.

If we all vote against you and him, then you lose, tyrant-hopeful.

Senators-You’ll note this cabal has is admitted to tacitly in the above post.

Well, it’s just an observation. Of course I’d rather be the Home Consul, who wouldn’t? And it seems unlikely to me that the honored Censor-in-waiting would offer an empty threat.

In any event, I’m still trying to resolve the question amicably.

I think the composition of the deck should remain a(n un)pleasant surprise.

Concur, @rho21

Also concur @rho21

Keep in mind that with so many concessions, Romans of virtue would be found to be provided these concessions were the just prosecution to succeed.

If the Senate consents. It shall not. You ‘ve shown your tyrannical hand too early and too blatantly. Rome is actually lucky that you two are so transparent in your cabal.

You seem awfully sure about that. Who is the true tyrant- the defender of single families holding so many of rome’s concessions, or the one who seeks to distribute them equitably and fight corruption?

I am but a poor, honest citizen, one with little, who speaks the truth. If no cabal exists, then the two of you should graciously allow Aelius to become Rome Consul. And let Flaminius fight our wars.

Prove this by your gracious actions, and I shall ease into my seat, quitely. Allow Aelius to secure his place, his best place, as Rome Consul, and cease making threats upon his good name.

@Navaronegun: I don’t believe you’ve formally cast a vote yet for this consul election.

He did, above. He voted against.

Here it is.

Point of Order:

I thin in future the HRAO needs to clearly call votes for the moderator; every faction, even when the vote is “over” just for clarity and bookkeeping.

Apologies, I missed that line.

You’re doing fantastic and thanks again for doing this. We’re all still working on getting processes worked out. Whatever you need us to do format-wise, let us know.