Republic of Rome forum game

I agree publicly.

Everyone gets a share of something.

Amazing what can happen when discussion occurs openly in the Senate and HRAO doesn’t try to scheme and railroad everyone.

Wait, @Navaronegun, I modified the terms. Please agree again to the new terms (item 3).

I agree publicly.

Everyone gets a share of something.

Amazing what can happen when discussion occurs openly in the Senate and HRAO doesn’t try to scheme and railroad everyone.

Junius, who decries schemers, secretly traded his support of my Consulship for mine of his. He offered to appear unwilling to do so in public so as to hide the relationship. Perhaps there is some fine distinction between what he did and what I did, but I confess, good Senators, that I can’t see it.

Now he plans to create the very thing he claims to protect against: An alliance of Senators designed to benefit himself.

@scottagibson and @Panzeh, the deal leaves open stuff to agree upon in a second binding deal, in case you want to stop your confrontational stance.

But first let’s wait for @CraigM and @Kolbex decision on this one.

Again, the difference is that I did it to break the rotation of consulships you were planning to establish. I was an inside man on the side of freedom and Republic. It’s not a fine distinction, it’s the Atlantic Ocean.

There’s no permanent or secret alliance here, just an open, binding and limited deal. And I propose this to be the style of the consulships to come.

And yes, I intend on protecting myself from prosecutions, thankyouverymuch

Strange that you don’t include your choice of both next year’s consuls in the deal you propose. Other than @Navaronegun, who do you have in mind?

I do explicitly say I’ll give one to to @Navaronegun.

The other one I’m leaving open for a possible second public deal to ease the harsh feelings. As I said above. But given the attitude, it might not happen.

And I would like to negotiate that one after securing my safety against prosecutions.

Put another way, you ask people to agree in advance to support an unknown nomination. That’s…transparency.

I mean, this is it in a nutshell: You made a deal to secure the consulship, then broke that deal to gamble on being Home Consul, and are now using that to try to induce the Senate to cement your gains and protect your treachery.

I have not yet decided on that nomination.

There’s also a Censor role to consider that I left our of the deal purposefully. Those two I’ll try to negotiate once this deal is approved and if anybody wants to negotiate (instead of throwing accusations around).

But enough talk. If you keep insisting in confrontation you will have it. Right now I’m offering an olive branch.

Btw, guys, this is going to be a looooong game…

Why should anyone trust that? You’ve already betrayed your word.

Its more transparent and offers more to the whole Senate than what you and @Panzer planned in a back room and tried to intimidate everyone into accepting.

It was me and @Juan_Raigada who planned it. How else do you think Junius ended up Home Consul?

Through a coin toss.

It was chickens I tell you!

Hah, this!

Oh my god, I wake up to 40 replies. It might take me a little while to get through this.

Ok, that didn’t take as long as I thought. What a rollercoaster ride! I would naturally support the nomination of one of my senators for PM if it came to that. We Kolbexarii have only the best interests of our glorious city at heart. However, I understand that the quality of our leaders may make some feel…inadequate and thus reluctant to heap further honors upon our gods-favored heads, although we truly are not that blessed compared to the rest of the senate. Therefore, as spokesman I am prepared to agree to @Juan_Raigada’s proposal as well, in the interests of Rome as a whole, which I wish the rest of you would remember are threatened greatly by the portents on the horizon. Truly a time of gloomy entrails.

Waiting for @CraigM’s reply. If he agrees we have a deal.