Republic of Rome forum game

Alas, if the Grain Company wants their tyranny, they will have it with the support of their toadies.

This doesn’t offer the whole senate anything. Simply the triumvirate at work here everything except a pittance of co-sponsoring a landbill. The Consul with more concessions than everyone else combined retains his power.

Me waking up and seeing my notifications

Time for some tea!

I’ll leave with this- those who support the redress of corruption within the senate would most certainly be in consideration of a connsulship, and with the New Men and I, can most certainly achieve it.

Those who are virtuous enough to understand the importance of rooting out the rot at the heart of the senate, would stand to be very effective consuls in prosecuting the war against the Gauls.

I also agree to the outline shared by the men of the Eastern Villas.

All right.

We have a public deal.

Written here for inclusion in the annals, as the day the Republic agreed to move forward together.

I propose Aemilius for Pontifex Maximus.

All factions can cast votes.

The Eastern Grain company votes yes.

I vote no

The New Men vote No

…understanding that the vote is irrelevant in light of the deal, but wishing to protest the amibitions of certain corrupt grain dealers.

As agreed, I vote Yes

The remaining factions vote yes perforce by the terms of the deal; the nomination is accepted by 31 votes to 16.

Aemilius is elected as Pontifex Maximus
May the gods be ever in his favour.

@CraigM: Aemilius may make one priest appointment per senate phase, at any time during that phase. He also holds gains one free tribune per senate phase.

Continuing with the start of the senate phase, Rome is not under sufficient external threat to consider appointing a dictator to counter it.

That brings us to the election for Censor. There is only one valid candidate, Junius, who is therefore elected immediately.

@Panzeh: you have the floor. You may bring one major or up to two minor prosecutions should you wish to do so.

Valid targets are Papirius, Cornelius, Aemilius and, if you really want, Claudius, all for minor prosecutions only.

In the interest of showing actual principle, which the current Rome Consul lacks…

I choose Papirius for a minor prosecution. Furius will be the prosecutor, assuming he agrees.

Furius agrees to prosecute, while understanding that it is fruitless in light of the majority’s pledge to ignore corruption.

@Juan_Raigada: Papirius may appoint, with consent, an advocate to defend him in this trial.

Other players should of course feel free to offer a suitable advocate from among their faction’s ranks.

Fabius will advocate.

There will be no popular appeal.

Manlius offers to advocate for Papirius!

Ok, I might consider that if @rho21 allows to change my decision.

Edit: but does open a can of worms.

How so?

In allowing to take back moves.

I’m ok with it in this case (there was no other move after mine). I defer to @rho21

Yeah, in BSG PBF it isn’t a big deal if nothing else has occurred. It gets tough when things move so swiftly PBF multiplayer. @CraigM is fairly a master at dealing with it.