Republic of Rome forum game

Acquittal.

Also guys, I think this is going very well. I have no idea whether we’ll lose or not, but it’s certainly been very entertaining so far.

The trial table is mixed up in the popular appeal table and found on the board. Essentially it’s 4 x (adjusted roll - 7), negative counting to the prosecution, capped at a 20 vote swing.

The popular appeal table is the same except that the 20 vote results are replaced by “Accused Killed” or “Accused Freed” as appropriate.

Waiting on @CraigM to move on to other business, I believe.

Damn, the reference I was using had it as exactly the same as the popular appeal table.

Good to know.

Good job, @rho21. And thanks again for this.

This changes things a little. If possible I would like to add talents to my vote tally.

Also, what happens with ties?

Edit: found it. Ties resolved by die rolling.

In that case I’ll add 4 talents to the vote tally if allowed by the Gods (@rho21).

I read it as ties going in favour of the accused. Where did you get that info from?

Well I wasn’t planning to do the trial section again as it was my mistake, but perhaps I should. In that case as we’re still working out the rules and all the votes are pretty much fixed, I’m happy for you to add talents. Other players may wish to do so after you though. These come from personal treasuries, of course.

As I count it, vote total before the trial as things stand will be: 16 v 38.

That’s the generic tie break per a big thread. I might be wrong, though.

I was reading it per the rules for a general senate motion, where a simple majority is required. The reason I was going for this is that the prosecution rules take great care with their wording to indicate that senators are voting for or against the prosecution.

Ah, I missed those rules. I think that interpretation is correct. Prosecutions seem to want to be treated as motions.

Anyway, talents should be spent. That guarantees a defeat of the prosecutors, I think.

I’m on a phone so can’t really follow this all

Provided the prosecutors don’t want to throw any in to bring it back into range of a double one. I’m going to assume that Panzeh could call them last.

You just need to vote for acquittal :).

Oh! I remember this game from long ago! This is the one where Carthage always wins :)

I put no money into extra votes.

Right, I call this trial in favour of the Papirius who is found innocent of corruption.

The prosecutor loses three influence, the advocate gains the same.

@Panzeh: do you wish to call another prosecution?

Poor Furius, a pawn tricked by the Panzehs into prosecuting a losing cause and damaging his influence…

On the plus side, he’s now got no more influence to lose.