Republic of Rome forum game

The technical ordering is first each player chooses a faction leader in player order starting with the HRAO (who happens to be first player in the order given above). After that, each player may choose to play cards, again in player order starting with the HRAO.

In practice I’m not expecting anyone to care. If you do, just wait until the players before you have acted, I guess. (You can always leave orders with me if you go to bed, or whatever.)

It’s worth noting that this ordering means you can’t play a statesman card and also make him your faction leader (unless you already have the family card).

Gotcha, I’ll wait. I am just slowing it down and asking because…it’s the deliberately slow first turn for just this purpose. ;)

And boy did I get screwed on the family cards…

Ah, got it. I’ll wait my turn, sorry.

No need, really. It’s unlikely anyone’s decisions will be changed by what anyone else is doing for this step.

How do we handle player dialog in the forum game? Are all conversations / deals public? If private, do we pm each other? Any restrictions?

Feel free to discuss anything you like in the public thread or in private by PM. I’m happy to be copied in to private conversations, but don’t feel you have to.

In the rules, all deals done in public must be followed; any done in private cannot be enforced. I propose we change that slightly to make it so that you need to be explicit about which public deals are official ones (and so can be enforced). That will hopefully bring a bit more discussion into the main thread, which will keep things interesting for onlookers.

Note that actual trades (cards, money, etc.) can only be done in the Revolution phase near the end of the turn.

I agree on the proposed change. It will help to be clear about what is and isn’t an agreed deal.

Are there restrictions against talking one’s hand, e.g. communicating to someone else what you’re holding?

Also, too: Gaius Flaminius Nepos was an ugly sucker.

You can say whatever you like about your hand, true or otherwise, to whomever you please.

We are the Kolbexarii, and Cornelius shall be our leader, furthermore he shall have a concession of Tax Farmer 5.

A change.

We are the Virtus Romana Faction.

Manlius (Manlia - gens) is our faction leader,

Our revered ancestor:

As well, @CraigM, I possess the below statesman, and would be willing to negotiate a trade:

L Aemilius Paullus Macedonicus [19A] (statesman)
Popularity 0, Influence 4, Military 5, Oratory 4, Loyalty 8
Nullifies Disaster and Standoff on Macedonian War cardS

This trade could not be completed until the Revolution Phase.

The capite censi are getting restless. Whither @CraigM and @Juan_Raigada?

I move we vote to censure them.

We are the Eastern Grain Company.

Outer leader is Papirius and he will have three concessions:
Mining
Land Commisioner
Ship Building

Pinging @CraigM

Motion to declare Cornelius Consul for Life.

My apologies all, stuff came up yesterday that had me offline all day. And work was… special today.

So I have designated that the stable managers, who failed their duties in ensuring timely commmnications, have been reassigned to shoveling duty.

I will answer @Navaronegun’s query briefly

I have dispatched a new envoy to the esteemed peninsular faction. I believe a trade is possible but wish to ensure understanding.

Will you trade a tax farmer concession you enumerated to me in PM for your aforementioned Statesman, @CraigM? Effective as of the Revolution Phase?

the terms are agreed.

I will appoint Aemilius as my faction leader as well, as I had not declared that.

It does appear that the Virtus faction has found disfavor with the gods, while the Kolberaxii and Claudius seem to be well favored.

No matter, time is the great equalizer. Perhaps our tax farmers will make the difference.

I also assign a tax farmer to my Aemilius family.

And hereby brand this faction the Rex Antiquis!