Republic of Rome forum game

I don’t think the treasury is on fine shape. To have a good chance against first Punic we need to spend 90 talents on fleet raising, which would leave treasury in dire straits. If collaboratively we can reach 50 talents of contributions or so (of which 25 would me mine), we would be in a much better position.

And the slate for next year. We also need to make sure we spread influence, I think, or we minor factions are hosed.

Of course I’d like that agreement, too, and I’m willing to join it now. But if others aren’t, we still need the funding to fight the war. Or we have to ignore it for another round.

It’s really up to @Kolbex @CraigM @Panzeh

That’s sensible, but without the slate for next year we can’t guarantee no prosecutions since we don’t know who will be censor, though (and we can’t prosecute if somebody tries persuasion attempts). At least we should make sure we vote for censor one of the signatories.

I would be open to wait for discussing the slate if we guarantee financing. So I agree to your proposal.

If a big enough voting block agrees to oppose any prosecutions other than in reprisal for influence attempts, that would work.

Yes, that would work. Do you want to amend your proposal?

Yes, done.

We need @Kolbex , @CraigM, @Panzeh to weigh in so we can finish the Revenue Phase.

I agree with @Navaronegun here.

Very well, I withdraw the proposal.

@rho21, 5 talents to Calpurnicus, the rest to faction treasury

Sorry for any delay.

The Easter Grain Company distributes its wealth this way:

5 talents to Fabius
13 talents to Papirius

The rest remains in the faction treasury.

This is hilariously entertaining, please tell me y’All are going to keep going to the Middle republic

If Carthago delenda est, I believe.

The game runs until Rome falls or someone wins. Or we hit the end of the late republic deck, I guess, but that’ll never happen.

Now the politics seem to be done, I need money distributions from @Kolbex, @CraigM and @Panzeh. Also contributions to the treasury, if anyone fancies making any this year.

The Kolbexarii will donate 10T to the Roman treasury, distribute 5 talents to Scipio and bank the remaining 4 in the faction treasury.

I will distribute all talents to the Fulvius family, who will then donate 10 to the state.

Oh, right, the donation has to come from a senator. Scipio will donate to the treasury in the name of the Kolbexarii.

Hmm, I’m being blocked from editing some pages due to reaching the “maximum allowed number of edits”. Apparently waiting for a number of hours will fix the problem.

@stusser and @Clay is there a way to up that number for @rho21 and myself? It has happened (annoyingly) to me too once or twice with the Empires in Arms PBF…the price of Moderating a PBF game and using PM threads…

Probably but I’m traveling and can’t look into it until next week. Remind me then!

Will do. Thanks, Clay!