Deal over deal over deal.

Treason, we say.

We vote NO

Finally, some admission of collusion.

Unsurprising, really.

Vote yes.

Yes

We just need @CraigM

Oh, Macedonius (@CraigM)! Were you napping?

… no…

I’ll vote yes.

I see I’m being painted as the bad guy here despite half the Senate being in secret accord…

Oh well.

Well, with so many threats in Rome, it would make sense to be agreeable, no?

T Quinctius Flamininus is elected as Censor for this year and may immediately conduct prosecutions. @Navaronegun

Well, that’s no fun.

I’m enjoying spinning through this thread. This, along with Diplomacy, were two of my favorite AH games to play when I last had a regular gaming group - sadly decades ago at this point.

Like Cronos, when he learned from Gaia and Uranus that he was destined to be overcome by his own sons, Papirius has engaged in activities and threats against the State, attempting to parse and reword Public Agreements proposed; threatened Rome and Senatorii; proposed agreement after agreement, all in an effort to guard his wealth, wealth only available because of the beneficence that is Rome’s prosperity. Papirius did not create this vast wealth that he threatens, bullies, and starves the State to protect. The fates have provided this to him. Now the State, in its own interests, must take back what the Fates have given Papirius.

In particular, the State Shipbuilding Concession is a vital one, and upon which the state must utilize to its benefit to successfully prosecute this plague of Wars which has descended upon Rome. Papirius has used this concession to profit off of Rome’s troubles, and attempted to use these profits generated from State funds to attempt to blackmail Rome to do his bidding. A tragedy worthy of Euripides, that Papirius’ paranoia has led to his own downfall, but the State cannot permit it to continue. I hereby ask the Senate to convict Papirius of corruption against Rome, and doing so aid Rome in her darkest hour, saving this City from Corruption, Blackmail, Paranoia and Greed, and hopefully, shining a light towards victory over our enemies.

I, T Quinctius Flamininus, Censor of Rome in 495 AUC hereby prosecute Papirius of the Eastern Grain Company for Minor Corruption against Rome

How surprising… Couldn’t see it coming.

Papirius selects Fabius as advocate.

It’s obvious how this is going to go, so name your prosecutor and proceed.

It’s sad the Senate has become a private playground for the Virtus Romana and Panzehian factions. The hope we had on the New Men to stop this outrage vanished…

We will remember…

Does Calpurnicus consent to prosecute Papirus (@scottagibson)?

Respectfully, Calpurnicus declines. @Navaronegun

It remains my view that the work of the Senate is the three wars we are engulfed in. We’d be better served by cooperation, not rivalry.

Yet you gave him the Censorship…

Yeah.

Does Scipio consent to prosecute Papirius (@Kolbex )?

In exchange for the Consul nomination. But I’m hoping that good sense will prevail, and Senators will decline to pursue this unnecessary prosecution. We have far more pressing matters to pursue.