Request: [spoiler] tags?

Any interest in Qt3’ers asking Chet nicely to add some phpBB [spoiler] tags to our posting options?

I’d be all for it it. Mostly for the movies forum which is where I have to tread lightly in a minefield of spoilers.

Sweet!! I likes it. Chet – pretty please?

Another option you can do is add two new text colors to the forum that match the alternating background colors of the posts. Voila, instant hidden spoilers!

That is one of the few features I like from SA that I don’t see used on any other forums.

Spoiler tags are so awesome… I’ve never seen them on a phpBB forum though.

Steff just coded a really elegant set of spoiler tags for her beehive-based forum. I dunno if it’d be transferable over to phbb, but if there’s interest from The Entity I could certainly ask.

Spoiler (select to read):

[color=white]Explain to me why you can’t just make a quote and change the text to white?[/color]

[color=white]Because that takes effort.[/color]

?

[color=#FAFAFA]Actually, the color is #FAFAFA.[/color]

• Alan

Fap Fap Fap?

Ask mark or tom. I just work here.

Chet

I’ve never understood this: If you’re worried about spoilers, why are you reading a message board about those topics?

Because there’s usually no clear identifier that there are spoilers within the thread.

For instance, there are two threads on The Village in Movies. One appears to contain spoilers and one does not.

A spoiler tag would make it easier to have one thread about a topic without fear of spoiling it for others.

Doom 3 doesn’t count in any sort of attempt at thread consolidation, of course.

But if you’re concerned about Village spoilers, why are you reading any thread about The Village? Shouldn’t you wait until you’ve seen it to read ANY thread?

Wait, so what makes you people think that if the writer of the post is too lazy to write SPOILER that he’ll bother using a “spoiler tag” mod?

Why should someone wait until they’ve seen a movie to discuss it? Is there nothing to be said about a movie before it’s release? A spoiler tag allows people to continue reading a thread without having to worry about catching a spoiler by mistake.

Wait, so what makes you people think that if the writer of the post is too lazy to write SPOILER that he’ll bother using a “spoiler tag” mod?

I’d imagine people will be more vocal and deride the author for not adding a spoiler tag since there is absolutely no reason not to use it.

[color=#FAFAFA]It’s a trap![/color]

• Alan