Reservation Dogs - Taika Waititi, Sterlin Harjo, juvenile delinquents

https://youtu.be/RoHewFAkrWU

Watched the first episode last night and I really like this show. The kids are irreverent houligans, but also sympathetic and have a great camaraderie. The tone reminds me strongly of Stephen Graham Jones’s writing, but without the horror.

I like it so far, as to the tone it definitely feels like a Taika Waititi project, there’s both Hunt for the Wilderpeople and JoJo Rabbit DNA in this.

Thanks for highlighting this! I had no idea it even existed. I watched the first two episodes (the only ones available right now, on Hulu anyway). Very good. Definitely a Waititi vibe, but also it’s own thing.

I tried finding it on YouTube TV on the FX channel and came up empty. I wonder if it’s only on Hulu?

FX and Hulu did a deal where there’s a bunch of FX stuff that’s specific to Hulu, yeah.

Anybody else still watching this? I like it quite a bit, the whole low-key almost-documentary-style kids having adventures thing. Last episode wasn’t my favorite, the whole beaded necklace thing felt a bit forced.

Greasy fry bread, greasy greasy fry bread…

Yeah, thought the most recent episode was kind of weak, especially coming off of the previous weeks episode with the uncle which I think was the best so far.

Really enjoyed the first season overall. Wasn’t expecting Bill Burr to show up in the 2nd to last episode. Zahn CcClarnon gets to show a bit of his comedic side.

I watched the first episode of this. Man, what a great start. It’s so cool to see a situation that seems so bleak, but you can just feel that the show will hopefully take you to a better place.

I watched the first season of this show twice. Loved it!

5 Episodes in now, and really loving this show.

Two episodes drop tomorrow!

Though I might wait until they air more before I start the second season, I haven’t decided yet.

I couldn’t resist watching the Season 2 opener this morning before work.

Wow! Man, I love this show so much. I think this might be my favorite TV show right now.

I was excited to watch this last year, but bounced off it pretty hard. Still, I’m going to get back into it and try and find the magic I’m pretty sure is there.

There is magic, but it is centered on the characters. I liked the first episode of the second season, but it really jumped around. Still, the characters are just so interesting it outshines the lack of polish seen with other aspects of the show.

I loved the episode “Mable” so much. Their culture kind of reminds me of my own around death. The conference episode from last week was great too.

I kind of love that Bear can never get out of his own way and actually follow the advice laid out by his spirit helper guy. Isn’t that how it always is? You know the right thing to do, but you always have trouble doing it. Especially when you’re young.

This show is special. The Willy Jack character has so much heart. Spirit is a hoot. The actors bring so much joy even when the subject matter is not joyful. They behave as if they all have a history and are bound to one another. Deep sense of place.

It’s a little thing, but in this week’s episode, I love how Cheese looks around at his friends’ faces whenever he hears something funny at the meeting.

Yay, season 3 is finally on Disney+ in the UK.