Resident Alien - Alan Tudyk on Syfy

I think this show is getting better every week and I’m really loving it at this point. We were a week behind but now we’re all caught up and ready for the next episode. Tudyk is great but I think all the supporting characters are as well.

The cameo this last week had me squeeing.

FUCK YES

Nice - I don’t know how for how long this concept will be fun, but it hasn’t worn on me yet.

Holy crap lizard people confirmed. :D

This last episode wasn’t as funny as the previous one were they were in the bar arm wrestling, but that’s more about how good that episode was than any shortcomings. We were laughing so hard we had to pause the show multiple times.

I’m not crazy about the whole Asta and her dad know turn the show has taken, but I’m willing to give the writers the benefit of the doubt and am open to seeing where this goes.

Forge that, this episode was all about what a fucking hero Darcy is.

I’m bad with faces (and names), who was the cameo?

The Octopus in the tank in the restaurant.

uh, what? Well, if you’re being serious, then I don’t feel as bad about missing it. My octopus recognition is even worse than my face/name recognition. I literally walked past Paul in Vegas a number of years ago as he was placing a bet on the superbowl and i totally didn’t notice him.

It was someone who has starred with Tudyk in another show about people from other worlds.

The voice of the octopus was Nathan Fillion!!!

Haha, I kind of assumed it was some kind of stunt casting cameo, but I didn’t recognize the voice. I actually said to my wife: “I’m surprised the octopus wasn’t Patton Oswalt or something.”

I’m proud to say I knew who it was from jump.

oh, ok, well that makes more sense then. One of the impacts of the pandemic in my house is the living/dining room now also doubles as my wife’s work area. If I’m watching tv while she’s working i often turn the tv down almost entirely and mostly just read the captioning: i read the dialog, but never heard the voice.

Binging the hell out of this right now and loving it. The quirky humor really sells this, like a mix of Mork and Mindy, Third Rock from the Sun and Northern Exposure.

We’re actually coming to love all the characters in the show, which is amazing for a first season of damn near anything. Here’s hoping it gets picked up and kept up in quality.

Its been renewed for a second season already.