Resident Evil 3 remake coming April 2020 to PC, PS4, Xbox

You can buy it on PS4, what I meant is RE4 HD … not a remake, remaster. Not sure how it looks on PS4. You can buy it right now, upscaled textures?

The original RE4 looked so good on the GameCube that I can’t see much difference in the HD version.

Yeah, I concur with that assessment. It’s not RE2 good, because it’s a more linear action game and is missing the aspect of learning the location and plotting out routes, but it’s still a game that feels really good to play - minor caveat for Carlos’ arsenal being really underwhelming compared to Jill’s, he could’ve used a punchier handgun or something. The remixed higher difficulties are good fun as well - and if you managed hardcore, they’re eminently doable with just the damage/defense upgrades you can unlock, and not even the overtly cheaty ones. (Although if you want to try and s-rank Inferno, you’ll definitely want that infinite rocket launcher.)

It’s not top-tier Resident Evil, but it slides in just a notch below.

Jill is now unlocked in Resistance, her schtick is that she’s good with guns and has her own samurai edge/rocket launcher. Nicholai is the next Mastermind, ten bucks his ultimate is going to be Nemesis.

Well, okay then, I guess it’s not a rumor anymore.

Resident Evil 8 is coming in 2021. Just like RE7, a first-person game with Ethan… and uh, werewolves?
Resident Evil 4 Remake is coming in 2022.

W-w-w-werewolves?!

yeah, I am living from grocery store run to grocery store run. I don’t even know what 2022 actually means anymore… I am going to buy the HD remaster and play this right now ;)

If they can however pull off a RE2 remake type of quality, than I will be happy, but it looks so far away.

Well, if you did hold out a little longer, all the old RE games are on sale on PSN right now.

The remaster is fine. It has all the content and it looks a little better.

hey thanks, I knew it, a sale was coming, saved me 66.6%

Decent video on the game:

Anyway, one of the most frequent complaints about this game is that it’s “too short”. I find this puzzling. I constantly hear from gamers that their time is precious, they don’t have as much of it as they used to, they don’t like redoing the same things, losing progress, filler content, etc.

Then we get Resident Evil 3, as good a AAA game with a sleek, no-filler campaign as I’ve played in a long time, and they complain it’s too short. Ahem, it’s as if people say they want one thing, but don’t like it when they get it.

Nevertheless, I still think they should’ve added some kind of extra mode. Ghost Survivors showed up for free 3-4 weeks after RE2 was released… so I’m starting to think this might not happen for RE3. :-/

Well, damn, the preorder exclusive DLC Classic Jill/Carlos haircut is now on sale on PSN store.

I had one extra and thought about selling it, but there’s not much of a point anymore. Anyone want it? It’s for PS4, region USA/Canada.