Resident Evil 7

Good news, everybody! Capcom wants us all to know that two bits of DLC are almost ready to go already!

[quote]
These packs are available in the Deluxe Edition version of the game as well as the Season Pass, and can also be purchased separately. The first pack, Banned Footage Vol. 1, will be available on PS4 starting on January 31st, and on all other platforms February 21st, for $9.99. This includes two pieces of “Banned Footage” as well as a new mode:

Bedroom: Figure out how to escape from a locked room - but don’t let Marguerite Baker know you’ve been out of bed.

Nightmare: Fend off waves of enemies and survive until morning.

Extra Mode - Ethan Must Die: A tough-as-nails mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PSVR)

In addition, a second pack, Banned Footage Vol. 2, will be available on PS4 starting February 14th, and on all other platforms starting February 21st, for $14.99. This pack includes two more tape scenarios and a new mode:

21: Gamble life and limb in a deadly game run by Lucas Baker.

Daughters: See what the Baker family was like before the tragic events of Resident Evil 7 biohazard.

Extra Mode - Jack’s 55th Birthday: Race against the clock and feed Jack tons of food in this comical extra game mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PSVR)[/quote]

People get upset about this kind of thing, but they also forget that it takes about three to four months from completion of a game for it to pass cert and make it to store shelves. Moreover, the last month or two before that are almost certainly done with a smaller team to reduce bug churn.

Meaning: DLC, a product with no RTM time and reduced cert time, can certainly be about ready to go without having impacted or been cut from the primary product.

God, I’m way too poor to want this game. I should set up a GoFundMe.

I’m not interested in your logical considered response sir. Rawr! Internet rage!

I still wish this was RE5-2. RE5,was one of my favorite games of last gen. So much so that I almost broke my “don’t buy old ass up rezed ports on modern consoles” rule for it. Oh well.

RE5 was the bestest, primarily because of couch co-op. My wife and I had a blast with that one, especially mastering Mercenaries mode.

Yeah. I played virtually all of RE5 coop (albeit online) and it was really one of the coop greats.

This game looks so good and scary. Finally a triple a first person horror game that got some investment. Outlast was close, but this looks like the real deal. Im just wondering on replayablity.

oh i forgot, Alien Isolation was pretty good too. I might just get Evil Within, I still need to catch up on some other horror games I have yet to play… or maybe I’m just too scared to play RE7… such a wuss.

So, uh, this isn’t like Resident Evil 5 at all. I guess that’s what I get for going in blind.

Also, yikes! I’m hiding this behind spoiler tags to make it blurry and therefore less scary.

-Tom

It may be blurry to us Tom, but they can still see you. Yeah, they can still see you.

I’m impressed you managed to avoid hearing about the changes. It must’ve been quite a surprise, especially coming off the lackluster, but over-the-top Resi 6.

I accidentally stayed up really late last night playing this. It was the first time in years. I started on the Madhouse difficulty, which was a huge mistake as I couldn’t get passed the first stealth section. Since you can’t switch in-game, I had to restart which was a huge pain, but now I’m enjoying the game on normal.

I just got the snake key and everything’s gone to hell! Previously safe areas are now populated by enemies and I’m scared to explore :(

It’s hard to say anything about this game without saying too much, but here’s a cool thing I noticed about the books laying around the Baker house. One of the books is called Wartime Photojournalism, which I’m assuming is a reference to Frank West. I mean, he’s covered wars, you know. Another one of the books is called Home and has a picture of a house on the cover that looks kinda like the house from a classic X-Files episode with the same name. If you haven’t seen that episode you’re probably a bad person and should feel bad, but it’s got a very similar vibe to RE7 so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was an inspiration to the designers.

I’ve been trying to stick to my rule of only playing this game after 9PM but I got tired early last night and now I want to play again. Guess I’ll go distract myself with the new Hitman elusive target for a while…

And, finished! I give it two gross corpsified thumbs up! This game took me from not caring about these games anymore to wanting to play the whole series. Probably gonna wait for the remake of two, though.

Now to go talk to the…absolutely zero people I know who played this game. Damn it.

OK, So here is UFC World Champ Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson twitch streaming RE7 with VR when he encounters an evil resident. (cut to the interesting part)

The Gamecube remake of RE has been remastered for PS4, Windows and XB1 and is really good IMO.

Oh, nice. I really liked that when I played it on the GameCube. Might have to do a marathon later this year.

Yeah, that episode reminded a whole lot of Buried Child the Sam Sheperd play. Really do think the devs did ALOT of homage homework for this game. This game is a HUGE step up from similar games like Outlast, Amnesia and Condemned. They really went all out on this one. I have been playing alot of RE this week, (and RE6 is actually really cool!) so its cool to see them go FULL THROTTLE into horror first person.

I can’t speak to the validity of this rumor, but I would be very sad if this was the case.

Score attack birthday party is one of the new modes.

Haha Capcom. Like VR will save them.

I just hope the idiots make another Devil May Cry game before they go under.