Resident Evil - The Netflix series

It’s about Wesker, played by Lance Reddick, and his two daughters, Jade (Tamara Smart) and Billie (Siena Agudong).

I can’t tell from that if it is a reboot or a side-track (like Fear The Walking Dead).

I’m pretty sure it’s unrelated to any other continuity.

This show is so bad I want to cancel Netflix. I watched the first 2 episodes. Lance Reddick can’t carry this, despite his best efforts.

Do yourself a favor and give it a thumbs down then move on. Don’t waste any of the precious life you have remaining on this garbage.

Yeah, it was bad. The strongest episode was probably the first and that’s not a high bar to start with. It’s all downhill from there.

I even liked that new Doom movie where Doom Guy was Doom Gal. At least it was faithful to the source material. Other than gender swapping Doom Guy.

This series is so bad that even my poor taste in sci fi/horror can’t stomach it.

So far, I’ve seen 2 episodes and it’s pretty underwhelming indeed. A weird mix of family drama, bad dialogue and cliché zombie apocalypse. Pity. Could have been fun.

So, sounds like we’d be better off just watching the first movie again?

This may irritate only people who were irked by the video chat using QuickTime windows in Jurassic Park.

Two eps in and I had to turn this off. It is so bad!

Lance Reddick – fire your agent!!!

I watched the whole series. It was trash but I enjoyed it. You guys who bailed missed the best bit! Gigantic Zombie Alligator!

BTW - the monster from the cool 3D billboard advert…isn’t in the show. LOL.

Edit - Lance Reddick does get to stretch his legs a bit acting wise later on.

What are you talking about? There’s a Licker attack in the Chunnel.

Now that I’m a bit deeper in the show, Jade sucks! They have had her do monstrously dangerous things multiple times now. For no good reason whatsoever.

Huh, I think this might be the first time everyone else in a Qt3 thread hated something that I actually liked. Yes, it has issues, but some of you guys set my expectations super low, and it was nowhere near as bad as that. I think the folks here who bailed may have bailed too early.

I actually think there’s a lot to love about the show, but you kinda have to accept that Jade is the real monster of the piece.

That’s true in a way, but as Wesker says, “We’re all just doing our best in a world where it’s way too easy to do your worst.” Jade realizes that she keeps fucking things up for others, but she seems to think that she’s doing the right thing for the right reasons, and I found myself believing that she was despite the heavy price (and despite that the plot was arbitrarily forcing a few of those decisions on her.)

There was no good reason for Jade to:

1. Talk her sister into breaking into a biolab to free suspected test animals. This wasn’t a cosmetics company. They know their father works on diseases.

2. Take her sister she believes is infected and about to become a violent monster to a party.

3. Secretly bring a zombie onto a ship full of people to do a test that is in no way time sensitive. The zombie plague has been around for like 14 years, it would have been fine to follow procedure to test the repellent.

4. Talking her own daughter into running away from the safety of the ship.

She comes across as a person completely unable to consider the possible ramifications of her actions. This feels completely contradictory to her introduction as someone who was safely able to live alongside and study the zombies for months on end. That implies a level of caution she simply does not possess ever again for the rest of the show.

IIRC #1 was actually Billie’s idea when Jade asked if there was anything she/they could do to make up for the revenge thing, and the original plan was just to document what they saw, but yes, #2-4 were big WTF and I didn’t feel they were things any sane character would choose to do when there were saner alternatives.

She kinda goads her into by talking about how Billie use to be more rebellious.

I need to mention that Lance Reddick does indeed have a ton of fun in this show. I especially loved it when real Wesker shows up and is totally badass.

Shouldn’t be a surprise.