Return of the Jack Bauer Power Hour

Hey man, keep your perversions to yourself! ;)

Still, I did not remember many TV and/or movie stars and their favorite games being mentioned often in past issues.

Ben Affleck? The whole article we did on the hardcore gamer habits of Dale Earnheart Jr? And we’ll have more. We like to reinforce the idea that “people are gamers too,” as it were.

Anyway, I didn’t really take any offense to your post. I just didn’t understand it. It seemed to say that if we’re going to be for grown-ups, we can’t have quotes from any attractive stars about what their gaming habits are, which I just don’t quite get. I mean, if we had pulled a PC Accelerator and added “hey baby, I have your Splinter Cell right here!” or some sort of booby joke, I would understand. Or if the photo was one where she’s got cleavage hanging out, even.

I mean, I dig her as much as the next guy, but come ON… that bit couldn’t have been LESS sexy. :D

I live in NASCAR land and the sport gives me the hives, sweats and runs so I had forcibly suppressed the memory of that one. I must admit he has quite a set-up going, but damn I hate that “sport”.

Gotcha. HEy, in my eyes, short of doing the PCXL example you suggested, CGM can do no wrong. :)

OOH! Pick me! ME ME ME ME!

Argh! I hate fake physics. A nuclear mushroom cloud at night would not leave a shadow.

Just like a Mexican to go flying off the handle like that. shakes head

I like the new Arab version of Jack.

I was, of course, hoping that the two ladies at CTU were former lovers, but alas it was not to be.

Damn, Keifer is good!

Well they are, transitively. A–>B and B–>C may as well be A–>C. :-)

And the Mexican didn’t even die. I smell political correctness seeping into our favorite hour of ass kicking.

Now that Kim’s going back into custody, maybe we can look forward to a pre-prison delousing scene. Actually I wish they had put her into prison five episodes ago, then she could’ve been threatened by street-tough, hot lesbians instead of just mountain lions, survivalists, and mexicans.

Maybe they’ll kill her off once Kate becomes Jack’s new Reason To Live ™.

I’m having a real problem with the current plotline.

SPOILERS!

Why is the president in such a rush to bomb those middle-eastern countries? Why can’t he wait a couple days to find out if his evidence is real or not?

Since that’s pretty much the linch-pin of the remaining 11 or so episodes, I’m finding it hard to get motivated to watch.

I find as lot of 24 unbelievable, but the decision that the president has to decide to bomb quickly is one that I think would happen. Americans would want to know that direct action is being taken. Think about it, if it came out that we were nuked, the president knew who did it, and didn’t respond? Goodbye second term

Well, he did believe he had ironclad evidence and the pressure to rush a retaliatory strike would have been great. Since he has bombers in the air it would get out that a strike was underway, calling them back would open up a can of worms they don’t need to deal with. It could call into question any action taken on those countries after further investigation.

Still, I agree with the feel of the situations, they don’t bear up under much scrutiny. That’s why we have Elisha Cuthbert in t-shirts from time to time…

I always say good acting makes a bad script good. Can’t say the same for the vice versa.

Another episode of Bauer kicking ass, joined now by his Middle Eastern counterpart.

I think they’re setting us up for the Mid-Eastern Jack Bauer guy to be next season’s 24 leading man. Which so far, I think I’m fine with. And let Keifer move on to do a cool Tom Clancy-style modern day action movie (as opposed to a Micheal Bay-style action movie).

But does he have a hot daughter?

Or even replace damn Ben Affleck…PLEASE!

Or even replace damn Ben Affleck…PLEASE![/quote]

In my eyes, any movie with Kiefer post 24 season 1 will be an AWESOME one.

Anyone see Phonebooth? His voicework was top notch.

I wish they would not have put his name in the trailers and left it as a mystery until he is revealed in the film, but with the popularity of 24, I assume it was to draw his fans in.

Have not seen it yet, but want to.

I don’t have such a problem with a quick strike, I have a problem with bombers crossing the Atlantic to bomb the middle east.

Uh… How about something from one of our bases in Europe? Or maybe cruise missiles from the Navy in the Med?

Or is the assumption that these bombers are carrying nukes and that we don’t have any nukes except those carried by B-52’s coming from the lower 48? Who figured that out?

Basically, they’re redoing Fail Safe, but the world has changed since the 60’s. They just like those little bomber icons on a big, light-up map.

But hey, maybe Kim will get back together with stumpy and we’ll have an extremely kinky love scene, now that my hopes of prison lesbians have been dashed.

[quote=“Tyjenks”]

I wish they would not have put his name in the trailers and left it as a mystery until he is revealed in the film, but with the popularity of 24, I assume it was to draw his fans in.

Have not seen it yet, but want to.[/quote]

It gets pretty obvious once you hear his voice. Keifer’s voice is so distinctive.

Or did you mean, not even play his audio clips in the trailers, so that you get full shock when you first hear him?

That was me before btw…

I assume they are stealth bombers. Until very recently, they have always been based in the States (they require rather elaborate hangars and maintainence facilities–a regular airstrip won’t do).

The first audio clips in the trailer actually seemed of a different pitch then the one’s at the end. As if, they had him attempt to disguise it a bit until we figure it out, then he goes back to full badass, evil Jack Bauer mode.

[size=2]PS: Register dammit. :) [/size]