Return of the Jack Bauer Power Hour

What finale? Gooo Ruuuuben!

spoilers of course

It certainly was wrapped up all nice and tidy and then the requisite cliffhanger unfolded. Jack kicking ass after dying and having his 2nd or 3rd heart attack was still pretty good. I was able to say goodbye to Kim so it was fine for me.

Worst. Finale. Ever.

• no resolution. Hey, it’s time for PLAN B! Except that happened halfway through season 1, so they could have a real fucking finale.

• no plot twists. Could it be more pat and straightforward? I’ve seen episodes of the A Team with more complicated endings.

• everything just maaaaaaagically falls into place in the last hour. How convenient.

• only bad guys die. What about Sherry’s noble sacrifice? What about Jack going into cardiac arrest (no, really, we mean it this time)?

Unbelievably fucking LAME.

spoilers:

The bad guys in 24 are like those russian dolls that have smaller dolls inside them. Except, the bad guys get bigger.

I hated the cliffhanger. The girls were very upset that the writers gave Palmer purple hand disease. I was the only one who noticed that the handshake assassin was the motorcycle lesbian skydiver assassin from the first season.

I got a little choked up when Mike was going to cry. But he didn’t cry, so I didn’t either.

President Palmer is a bad guy?

I was watching with my wife and I too recognized her right away. If she had not been a lesbian when we first saw her, I am not sure I would have recalled her as accurately. More proof for my coming campaign which calls for the addition of more hot lesbians to prime time television programming. It helps the viewer retain plot point and character information.

“24 Season 3: Kim Bauer’s Naked Lesbian Adventure”

Just stop right there. I believe I could die a happy man once that season was complete.

I am sure the Spice channel will have something similair on if they have not already. They have several sequels to the BareWench Project afterall. My wife and I look at the titles and read the descriptions on our digital cable for a good laugh now and again.

That CTU detention cell with the Hannibal Lector plexiglass, chair, and chains has some real possibilities.

“My wife and I…”
“…read the descriptions…”
“…laugh…”

Right, right.

That CTU detention cell with the Hannibal Lector plexiglass, chair, and chains has some real possibilities.[/quote]

What was the deal with that? Did she have Magneto-type powers?

A bad, bad ending, of course from a creative team that can ruin anything given the chance (La Femme Nikita TV show for instance). Was bound to happen sooner or later with these losers running the show, and there was such high hope for them after Season One and a fairly good beginning of Season Two. Bastards.

— Alan

There was way too much going on at the end of the last episode to be wrapped up going into the finale. Its like they had a check list of loose ends and worked each into the story in an orderly fashion so that everyone was happy and then the gasp or should I say yawn at the end.

I still thought the season as a whole was decent*, but I was past tired of Jack following a lead to a literal dead end and then at the last moment picking up a new lead and then chasing it only to be seconds too late and then…and so on and so on.

[size=2]*By decent, I mean exponentially better than most other network programming.[/size]

Since Kim’s subplots had run out, they let the Kim writing team handle this finale.

I recognized the lesbian biker chick. Ah, fond memories of her getting naked by the light of a campfire.

I was waiting for Kate to turn evil and put Kim in jeopardy yet again. That would have been the “we absolutely, positively hate all women” ending.

Why did the badguy have an unloaded gun in his ankle holster? It flew out of Jack’s hand during the Jack-Fu smackdown, then when he picked it up to kill Kingsley there were no bullets. Did the magazine go flying out of it when it hit the seats?

We never heard of Michelle Forbes made it, nor did we pin her injury/death on Mike. And Mike did cry, I saw that tear.

So the plot to kill David Palmer has finally succeeded. Jack has failed. sigh.

I believe the pistol carried at least one bullet as it discharged when they were firing at least once.

Ahhh… Naked Mandy.

— Alan

What happened to the La Femme Nikkita team? Did another team take over the direction of the show at the end? That show did take a signficant nose dive in the last season.

Shit. They had successfully made me forget that. That is a rather gaping hole. I am sure it will all be made clear next season. :roll:

President Palmer is a bad guy?

C’mon. He’s not gonna die. Sick, yes-- dead, no. And I’m not sure I even care at this point.

I was waiting for Kate to turn evil and put Kim in jeopardy yet again. That would have been the “we absolutely, positively hate all women” ending.

Exactly. Sherry sorta kinda made a sacrifice, but she should have died, IMO, for it to be meaningful.

I still thought the season as a whole was decent*, but I was past tired of Jack following a lead to a literal dead end and then at the last moment picking up a new lead and then chasing it only to be seconds too late and then…and so on and so on.

Yeah, my wife said the show took a nose dive right after the nuclear bomb went off. In retrospect, I agree. That’s when “plan B” should have kicked in, NOT in the finale. God, how appalling.

SPOILERS

I heard a rumor that Palmer isn’t signed on for season 3… Is this true?

Gee, I get the feeling the next 24 will be about the next 24 hours. You’d think they’d give a Jack a week or two off first. I think not knowing they were coming back the first year was an advantage. I mean, Christ, you can’t follow 23 strait cliff-hangers with a 24th cliffhanger to lead you into the next 24 cliff hangers!

Sorry to come late to this discussion. Finally got the bittorrent of the alst episode. I tend to agree with Brad. How the heck is jack gonna climb up off that stretcher and go right back in action on hour 1 of season 3? I did not mind the cliffhanger as much as you all seem to have. I would rather start a new season where I haev a basic understanding of the bad guys…

Spoiler

Ok so I don’t even know the name of the guy on the boat, but we have lesbian biker chick, Tony in control at CTU, Mike is gone?? Maybe not if Palmer is out and the VP will be back in charge again…Start em up now I say.