Return of the Jack Bauer Power Hour

I’d just like to say, holy shit have the last couple episodes been intense.

yup.

and how many people laughed when the chick asked jack for a lawyer last night? thankfully the cliffhanger was cougar free.

i always hold off watching 24 until the last half or third of the season. the first parts usually don’t hold my interest that well but the last parts are always chock full of goodness.

How I Met Your Mother Forum

I wasn’t able to watch last night’s ep. , so please no spoilers yet.

All I can say is, Palmer’s downfall will be the result of his pride. You gotta learn to swallow sometimes.

The more they avoid the Sherry Palmer/murder plot, the happier I’m going to be. That has been the weakest and most boring part of the season in my opinion.

Actually, I thought most of this season was pretty dull until the last three or four episodes. Once they lost the drug plot and the Sherry murder plot, the story got a lot better. Now I’m actually looking forward to new episodes again.

Hmm, interesting episode last night. VERY intense scene with Saunders and CTU using his daughter against him. The thing with Sherry at the end seemed too soap-opera-ish for me, though.

That was the first new episode I’ve watched since mid last season.

It’s about f’in time they started trimming down the # of characters in this show, starting with Lady MacBeth. Frankly, the fact that she kept popping up and twisting everything around made the show’s contriveness even worse.

But what the hell hapened to Kim? Nary a sighting of her last night?

Yeah, I hate that Sherry plot thread. It’s just utterly uninteresting, and based entirely on President Palmer making obviously wrong, moronic decisions that seem way out of character for him. The virus storyline is way better, especially with Tony Almeda’s dilemma. That’s a good example of how to put a good character in a difficult position and make you sympathize with him.

I think they were trying to do the same thing with Palmer, but it just didn’t work, because he didn’t have any difficult decisions to make–just a bunch of easy ones that he dropped the ball on. He should have known better than to call Sherry in the first place. He never should have lied for her (if past seasons have taught us anything, it’s that the American public is willing to forgive a lot as long as Palmer is honest with them, and Palmer should have realized that). Etc.

Sherry was way overdue for an ass cap popping. At the very least it means we wont have to put up with her nonsense next season. All she ever did was steal time from the takedowns, torture and shootouts.

Assuming she’s really dead.

Maybe she’s undead…

I was also very happy to see Sherry get shot. Wayne should have shot her a few more times, just to be sure.

[ash] It’s a trick - get an axe. [/ash]

Ben, I wish you’d have put a spoiler warning. :(

Whoops. Sorry. I forget that in the age of Tivo, sometimes folks don;t see the show until later. Even though I should know that, since I have a Tivo.

OTOH, is there some sort of statute of limitations on spoilers? In a thread discussing the show, is it not okay to talk about plot twists that have already been publically aired? I mean, this whole thread is full of spoilers, if you aren’t up to date watching the show.

SPOILERS AHEAD! BEWARE THE SPOILERS!

Did you see an advance screening of the season finale when you wrote this? Eerily prescient of you!

I’m as jaded as they come, and yet somehow this show still manages to consistently make me say “Holy Shit!” Can’t cut the wires in time? Well, we’ll just whack off Special Agent Charlie Brown’s hand instead…

Good ending, especially in comparison to last season, which kind of limped along after the bomb went off. And I liked the way Jack sort of let himself go to pieces after it was all over, and then bottled it all back up when they asked him for more assistance.

Chase made the biggest mistake an active spy can make, saying he intends to get out of the game. He’s lucky it only cost him a hand!

Heh, maybe my axe quote is some manifestation of latent precognizance or something. Or is that feeling I’m having just gas?

I loved the axe, but other parts seemed left up in the air. What happens to Tony and Michele? What happens to the president? Will killing the main baddie result in his daughter becoming just like him?

Best put on a jumpsuit and hop in the photon milk.

Bump a 10 year old thread? Why not.

JACK BAUER IS BACK! Tonight.