Return of the Jack Bauer Power Hour

Apparently the first 8 shows are 8 consecutive hours, then there are gaps in between the remaining hours. Thus Jack could fly to, say, Berlin in between later shows without having to do some of the goofier filler as in prior seasons.

I don’t know where you heard that, and I’m not saying you’re information is bad, but the opening clearly says “the following takes place between 11am and 12pm” which is 13 consecutive hours, unless I misunderstood the opening narrative.

EDIT - the more I think of it, the more 11am to 12pm might well be a 25 hour window, actually, so a gap in there does make sense. Wild.

You’re overthinking it - the voice over was “11:06am to 12:00pm”, a.k.a. the first hour.

That’s the intro they do before every episode, hour 2 said the same except between 12 and 1 pm. I wouldn’t read anything into it.

Jack has been holding it in for 8 seasons. The missing 12 hours are spent in the CTU men’s room.

12 noon could be equally referred to as 12 PM or 12 AM since technically it is neither. Same for 12 midnight.

I’m pretty sure noon is always 12pm, and midnight is always 12am.

I believe this is correct, though I don’t remember him saying when the second episode took place, I may have fast forwarded through it.

I thought it referred to an entire week. 11am on Friday and then noon on the following Friday.

Although now that I’m thinking about it, it could’ve been a year…

I thought it referred to an entire week. 11am on Friday and then noon on the following Friday.

Although now that I’m thinking about it, it could’ve been a year…

Edit in surreptitiously: looks down one post and rolls his eyes: 1. Jack would use military time - kneecap the writers. 2 “Always” is not the same thing as “some style guides” - bleed the freak with a thigh shot. 3. There is no such thing as 12 PM or 12 AM, just people making bad assumptions (probably people who watch Fox news. “People who vote Republican, give them a boot to the head.” And a .40 to the butt!). ;-)

Oh good deal, I was right.

Dudes, the times they list at the start of the episode are always for that episode alone. Get it together*, it hasn’t been that long since 24 was on air.

24 continues to be the all time best show ever to watch with a bunch of friends who are also into it. Though I think if they make another season the subtitle should be “What a Douche” because I can’t remember the number of times someone said that in my house during the first two hours. Not about Jack, natch.

• or millions of people will die

You wouldn’t want to force him to shoot you in the thigh.

Totes. Not that I’d complain, though, because I’m sure if he did that it would be because he had to. For the country and stuff.

Cool to see Catelyn Stark in this and she has a red-headed daughter too whom I’ll call Sansa. Game of Drones.

I watched the first two hours and have the 3rd waiting on the Tivo. I enjoyed the first two, but found it laughable how Chloe, literally within 10 seconds of plugging what’s-his-butt’s recovered flash drive into her laptop, figures out exactly what she’s looking at and what its purpose is. I mean, literally within 10 seconds. I couldn’t help but bust out laughing.

It isn’t completely unbelievable. She has a lot of experience and may have ran into something similar with her old/current job.

This week’s sex scene (wth) and the ending had me in stitches.

Jack has to leave a trail of blood because he is hellbent on doing everything himself. Innocent bystanders protesting American indifference to violence? Shoot a few and compound the problem! Heck, blame the US government for the shootings! I love his solutions to problems: pour gasoline on the fire!

I’m never quite sure who the real terrorist/threat is with Jack around, but it’s always exciting (from a safe distance). ;-)

The thigh shooting will continue until morale improves.

Game of Thigh-Bones?