Return of the Jack Bauer Power Hour

Anybody read the latest Spin? Kim Bauer waxes poetic about Nightfire, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear 2, and even NOLF2. Seriously.

I think Jason Cross just had an orgasm.

You didn’t?

Had a friend give me the season 1 DVD set of 24 that he recently bought, since he herd so many good things about it. I laughed when he said that he had watched it all in 3 days it was so good. Just had to keep going to see what would happen next. We’ll I just finished watching 6 straight episodes myself. Best thing I’ve seen on from TV in years outside of Band of Brothers.

Damn thing is like TV crack. :twisted:

You’ve convinced me-- I think I’ll pick up the DVD set today as well.

Spoilers…

“This isn’t over yet”

Easily one of Jack’s top five lines until…

“It felt pretty personal when you killed my wife”… from the previews for next week.

Great episode of a great show. Only problem was no hot and sweaty Kim. Other than that, top notch!

Best episode yet this season. Easily.

When the Army guys killed the injured CTU guy, my first thought was Half-Life. And I mean that in a good way. The adrenaline on tonight’s show was that of a good action game with better writing.

Again, great show.

I don’t get it - as soon as they have Ali, send in a sniper and take Nina out from 1000 meters. Simple and effective. Not like anyone there is gonna worry that the Pres broke his promise.

Though I’m starting to wonder if they’re just gonna kill Jack off anyway - I mean how many bad days can one guy have? Hand the show off to someone else next year.

Oh, and there’s obviously another twist in the Guess Who’s the Terrorist plot. Any guesses? Could it really end up being jilted-wife? Wouldn’t that be a shocker!

Kim subplot thankfully minor. Who else is getting tired of getting strung along?

I don’t think there’s anyone else on that program who could support their own show of this type.

Bruce Willis has milked the “worst day of his life” thing for three Die Hard movies so far. They should be able to get at least one more season out of 24.

I’ve got a feeling that little Ms. Innocent Daughter Getting Married isn’t so innocent after all.

I figure she’s Daddy’s Little Girl true and true, and she’s waiting to pull the dagger that she’s hiding at an opportune moment. She’s in on it.

Yeah… I totally see Palmer ordering the CTU boys to take Nina out. I can just imagine the dialogue…

“But you gave me your word you’d pardon me!”
“I’m a politician. We lie!”

“But you gave me your word you’d pardon me!”
“I’m a politician. We lie!”

Yup, then a red circle appears in Nina’s forehead followed a second later by the distant report of a rifle. Of course, I don’t know why the CTU commandows didn’t just blow Nina’s legs out from under her as soon as they saw her.

But an improvement overall. No idiot Kimming, just sweeping the kid out of the equasion. No angsty sister crap, just some great torture and terrorizing. And a big-ol fire-fight!

One simple fact that makes this show great. People getting shot at not only pick up weapons off fallen comrades and enemies (which is rare enough in today’s stupid dramas), but they pick up the extra ammo, too.

How many times have we watched some show where the unarmed protagonist runs right past an arsenal of guns and has to simply dodge bullets until they escape or get captured? Ahh, the key to this show, the use of common sense by Jack.

I couldn’t identify that rifle he picked up from the flare-bait. That is one bad-ass rifle.

It looked like a bulked-up M4 carbine, the special ops variant of the M16. It’s shorter in length, which makes it more ideal for close-quarters combat.

Machine tool torture, flare-gun fatality, and getting rid of the 7-year-old sidekick with a head injury. About goddamn time.

I’m wondering if the show is ballsy enough to let Kiefer go out with a bang at the end. Then again, this is Hollywood, so probably not. They’ll probably come up with some other weird way to make a third shitty day for him.

There’s no way they’re going to kill Jack off, at least not with this threat to his life.

We’re at what? 6pm? We’ve got to go to 8am. If this gets Jack then it’s got to happen next hour (no way can Nina sit there for more than an hour) and then we’ve got 13 hours left with no Bauer kickassedness. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

The flare gun fatality was the best so far. Reminded me of Blood. I think it was Blood. One of the first weapons you got was a flare gun, and when you killed an evil monk with it they would run around shouting, “It burns! It BURNS!” for a bit.

And what was the power tool they were using as a torture device? I couldn’t decide if it was a disk sander or a bone saw.

Finally, here’s my prediction-- they raid the house, and take down Ali, but the bomb isn’t there. Then we’re right back to “Where’s the bomb?” with a new guy to interrogate.

And Kim’s rocker boyfriend is in on it.

Okay, maybe not.

What would REALLY suck is if they end up trapped in LA and Kim’s boyfriend ends up becoming famous by performing a heartfelt rendition of John Lennon’s “Imagine” at a tear-soaked public rally for the doomed people of LA. When the bomb doesn’t go off, he becomes the biggest rock star in the world.

That would suck.

While I love the show, either Jack’s playing a game with Nina (and he has more than enough of a deathwish to do so) or he conveniently forgot how many cartridges he handed to her at which point I’m yanked out of the show because he’s smarter than that. I suspect Nina lives through the whole season, but this show’s plot twists seem to be based on RPG-like saving throws so who knows?

Meanwhile, I think daddy’s little girl isn’t a terrorist, but rather she has something deeply compromsing she’s hiding.

Finally, while we’ve now met the #2 bad guy, I don’t think #1 has been introduced. Hopefully, since they know they have a whole season, it will turn out better than the nearly comical Drazens last year.

It was a wire wheel, basically a ring with stiff metal bristles sticking out of it, typically used to strip paint off steel or masonry. Using on a person is sort of… overkill.