Return of the Jack Bauer Power Hour

Remember, the two drivers were both killed a while ago. I don’t think the third guy knows where the heck they were dropping the bomb off.

I said the same thing. Fortunately I recorded the episode, so I rewound the tape and watched the scene again. What happens is:

1. Jack picks up M4 Commando + ammo belt
  2. Hands belt to Nina
  3. Nina pulls magazines out of belt and heads for high ground
  4. Nina slips magazine into her pocket

Jack didn’t count the mags, he never had them in open view to count.

I will argue with his decision to hand her the ammo belt in the first place, given the ingenuity she has displayed in improvising weapons already. I mean, the thing is designed so that you can pull the mags out quickly, and all he had to do was sling it over his shoulder and he was good to go.

They missed a perfect chance for a hammy villain scene…

When Jack was performing mouth-to-mouth on Nina, she could have been faking unconsciousness and then started to kiss him to drive him nuts with rage. He pulls away and she says “remember when we used to do this, baby? Did your wife ever kiss you that well?”

That would have been great!

Then a Wookie could have jumped out of the forest and ate the top of her head.

Ooo! Oooo! The next episode is coming up, guys! Goddammit, move out of my way you slow-poke driver. I need to get home to watch 24!

I knew it. Women are just evil.

Hissss.

p.s.- Does anyone know why there is a 3-week hiatus until the next episode of 24?

Man, when Soul Patch and CuteGirl confess their feelings for each other, I just cackled. How corny and contrived was that?

Wow, Daddy’s Little Girl is gonna get typecast as a villainess if she keeps this up.

Didn’t UndercoverBrother wear a bullet proof vest? Come on, what kind of kick-ass CTU agent is he?

And you know that there are even bigger plot twists ahead if they’re revealing how evil Sherry is only halfway through the season. No more doubt she’s part of the Seven Days in May cabal.

I am on a roll. First the wife in the trunk, then fiance-is-a-terrorist.

Myself, I’m really looking forward to Sherry’s “Out out damned spot” monologue. That’ll be cool.

tonight’s episode -

Say what you will about 24, but they sure don’t fuck around on that show! The plot thickened considerably, and there was precious little annoying Kim dreck (which was offset somewhat by another one of those “Kim runs at the camera” scenes we love so much). Reisa? BAM! Wonder if he was wearing a vest?

If the CTU guy has no vest, then he ain’t got one. But I think she might have missed his heart.

The CTU guy is dead, dead, dead. He wasn’t wearing a vest because he’s part of the the Hacker CTU Division and they mistakenly believe that computer geeks don’t know how to shoot guns.

Pres. Palmer is SO onto Lady Macbeth. When he was watching her operate he had this little smile that just said, “Oh, you are good, but I don’t buy it for a minute.” He’s letting her dig her own grave and has been onto her from the very beginning. He knew she was the one infiltrating his gov’t and colluding with MrEvilNSA, and invited her there to get her.

I was out getting a drink (or getting rid of one) during the Kim car accident, but I guess RockerBoyfriend is at least a parapalegic now?

Jack is going to find True Love with Kate, but only if she discovers her inner kickassedness in the mosque next week.

We need an episode of all Kim running, I think. At the very least, we needed about five more minutes of it in this episode to offset that incredibly stupid stunt that they pulled in the police truck.

Girlfriend terrorist, though–nice touch. Even if it means we have yet another evil woman on the show. This one is even worse than Nina, though, since she apparently had Ali nab her sister for that little torture session.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when Jack and Kate were talking. Jack’s found the future Mrs. Bauer and Kim’s new stepmom!

So, what’s the theory of Daddy’s Little Girl. We learned something new this week that the Warners used to live in Saudi Arabia. So, maybe, she got romantically involved with Ali there, and she’s his little pumpkin/female John Walker Lindh?

btw, wasn’t there a female CTU agent standing guard outside? Did Daddy’s Little Girl whack her with the silencer first? Or is she still there waiting for them to come out?

You’d have thought that UndercoverBrother would have been given some heavily-armed agents or policemen as well, seeing as how virtually every part of their investigation so far has been impeded by military death squads, surface-to-air missiles, and a bombing of CTU. Boy, George and Soul Patch really fucked up on that one.

Also, did anyone think that TortureGuy was a complete idiot? He was going to kill himself anyway with the cyanide. Just waste Kate, turn the gun on yourself, and leave no witnesses. I guess he panicked wrong.

I want to be the one that sprays the sweat onto her chest for those running scenes. “Somebody mist me!!”, she would exclaim. I step up and give her a quick spray as we gazed into each others eyes. Then she would say, “Have you ever been to Canada? During the hiatus I am going back home. Would you like to come?” I would say,“Would I ever, but what about my wife?” She says," She can come, too." with a sly wink as she turns and saunters off to finish the scene.

Tyjenks, I’ve heard about these clubs where young, thin, soft-skinned ladies rub up against men so that the men can pretend for a few minutes that they have something special going on with the ladies.

I think you need to take a pal with you and report on this phenomenon for me.

Please don’t tell me that’s a mountain lion and Kim is stuck in a trap…in the woods. What crap!!! Maybe if I have my wife smack me in the temple with a hammer I will forget that scene occured.

I hope it eats her. Cat People style. Go McDowell, go!

I think she’ll be rescued from the lion by a gang of teenage goths who then try to offer her as a virgin sacrifice to Satan. Mason rushes in and saves her as the dagger is about to plow into her cleavage, then saintly dies, posed as if on a crucifix, of complications from radiation poisoning. Kim then wanders barefoot into a mall and gets kidnapped while ordering an Orange Julius.

Dude! Use spoiler warnings!