Return of the Jack Bauer Power Hour

I thought the same show that killed a pregnant mother last season would have been ballsy enough to kill a kid last night. What I thought might have happened is, to keep Jack in the moral right, that the order to “stand down” or something is belated, and the kid gets killed, regardless of Jack’s efforts.

But that theory went out the window the moment I noticed the kid was knocked down first and then “shot”. No contact-wound equals total fakery.

They did kinda puss out on that one, but shooting a kid at point blank range may have been over the line. I would not have cared, but the average viewer may have had a problem. Who knows?

Jack did dig down the guy’s throat and then break the shit out of his face.

I am just sooooo glad Kim was saved. That storyline is simply riveting. :wink:

They did puss out on the kid killing.

By the way, terrorist-wife-to-be is MUCH hotter as a brunette.

Yep! She would be much hotter as a de-clothed brunette, however. There’s something about her mouth and the way her lips move when she speaks that draws me towards the screen. Luckily, I have caught myself before actually pressing my lips against the TV.

P.S. What’s up with Lord of the Realms III, Adam? Do I still have to wait 'til summer for even the teeniest bit of info?

Now that Kim’s been saved by the kindly woodsman, she can change clothes. Or at least shower.

No slo-mo, because that would mess up the time thing, but a man can dream.

Also, lost in the woods, kindly woodsman, does anyone else see dwarves in her future? Maybe a poison apple?

And why can the prez sit watching his NSA guy get electroshock, but pusses out over killing some third world kid? Okay, maybe he pusses out over the kid, but says “Kill the wife, leave the kids.” After all, she was sleeping with the enemy.

Anyone else notice the “not all moslems are bad” imam? That’s the “please don’t picket over our portrayal of Arab-Americans” character.

Hooray! I can finally read this thread because I’m all caught up on 24-- thanks to Roger Wong!

Girlfriend terrorist, though–nice touch. Even if it means we have yet another evil woman on the show. This one is even worse than Nina, though, since she apparently had Ali nab her sister for that little torture session.

I actually thought this season would show some redemption for the female characters. I believed Sharon Palmer. I had no idea the bride would be the inside agent. I actually thought Kim would stop acting like a complete idiot. Naturally Nina’s still a snake. Then I realized, oh yeah, I’m watching the show that hates women. It’s still a great show, but dizamn. Someone has mommy issues!

In regards to Scooty’s comments about shooting the kid: there is no way they could have that happen on network television. Still, I’m stunned at how far 24 actually does go. It’s practically a cable show, right up there with The Shield in terms of on-screen violence.

Not that I’m complaining. Network TV had to do something to prevent cable from running over their ass. If shows like 24 and The Shield are the result, then all the better… heck, I’m betting sometime in my lifetime, we’ll hear the word “motherfucker” on >10pm network television.

24 is becoming predictable.

I knew, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, that the kid was not dead because the chair was kicked over.

I knew that the meeting the president’s aide was going to (where the fuck was that – at some high school?) in the middle of the night was going to be a trap.

I know that she is going to be killed for refusing to buy Sherrie’s explanation for her knowledge of Stanton.

I know there is going to be some scene where Jack brings the good sister into the interrigation room with the bad sister in order to knock sense into her/ get info out of her and/or shame her for her actions.

This is too much predictability… The first season kept me guessing.

Also, more complaints:

1. The pacing and demeanor of the characters do not emphasize the central conceit of the show which is supposed to be spine-tingling tension at a bomb that could go off any fucking second. Instead, we get slow-paced scenes of Palmer (whom apparently has nothing better to do) sitting in his office, calmly discussing his marriage with his ex-wife, with no background noise and sunlight streaming in. When she leaves, the Pres. sits there and contemplates to himself in silence in an empty office. What the heck happened to the idea that he is in a bunker/war room trying to solve a crisis that could strike at any second? It’s like a scene out of another show. And we get a couple of scenes of the swimsuit models back at CTU discussing whether or not they should go out to dinner, and all sorts of other extraneous, non-tension-building stuff.

2. Silly scenes. The Kim shit just gets more and more absurd… in the first series, it tied in because Drazen wanted the whole family killed and used his wife and daughter as leverage. This season: no connection; she’s just a clueless babe in the woods blundering from dangerous situation to dangerous situation without daddy to watch out for her. And this scene with the President’s top aide taking time out of a top level security bunker in the middle of the biggest crisis to hit the country in decades in order to meet in a secluded location god knows where with someone secretly, and no one is supposed to notice what she’s up to? And she is okay with doing this even though squads of secret troops have been blowing up government planes and helicopters left and right and she has no idea who is behind it?

AUUUGHHH! What happened to my friggin’ show?

Okay, I’m halfway through tonight’s episode, and the most pressing question on my mind is whether the new girl at CTU had an affair with the cute girl at CTU. Cause, daaaaaamn, that’s certainly the vibe I’m getting.

Meanwhile, spoiled DaddyLittle’sGirl can talk the talk, but she can’t walk the walk. It’s only a bullet wound, for pete’s sake.

I think the new chick sexually harrassed the one Alemeda wants to bang.

And wasn’t it great the way the whacked out survivalist pervert had a heart of gold?

SPOILER ALERT!

Okay, it’s not a real spoiler, but how much does anyone want to bet that they don’t have time to deactivate the bomb, and get Mason to drive it over the border to Tijuana to detonate it there. Otherwise, I’m having a hard time seeing how he’s going to be the Willis-in-Armageddon doomed hero his arc this season has predictably led us to expect him to become.

Double spoiler ALERT!
Especially for you, Shcoked Monkey, but really, you asked for it.

In the preview of next week’s episode, Jack tells Kim over the radio that he has to fly the bomb over the desert and blow it up where no one can get hurt (while he’s strapped into the pilot’s seat of said aircraft, already halfway to the desert).

I tend to agree

I knew, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, that the kid was not dead because the chair was kicked over.

That one was obvious. Doh!

I knew that the meeting the president’s aide was going to (where the fuck was that – at some high school?) in the middle of the night was going to be a trap.

I thought she was going to get killed actually

I know that she is going to be killed for refusing to buy Sherrie’s explanation for her knowledge of Stanton.

heh, wrong

I know there is going to be some scene where Jack brings the good sister into the interrigation room with the bad sister in order to knock sense into her/ get info out of her and/or shame her for her actions.

Yep. Last night

This is too much predictability… The first season kept me guessing.

I agree. And last week’s business about a bomb decoy was just plain stupid

1. Silly scenes. The Kim shit just gets more and more absurd… in the first series, it tied in because Drazen wanted the whole family killed and used his wife and daughter as leverage. This season: no connection; she’s just a clueless babe in the woods blundering from dangerous situation to dangerous situation without daddy to watch out for her.

I agree. I keep hoping that she gets less screen time. But no, they keep shoving her face, ass and legs into the camera. Bastards.

AUUUGHHH! What happened to my friggin’ show?

Well, two more episodes and its all over. Can’t wait to see how they come up with a third season. Now that would be ridiculous.

Err… two more epsiodes? We’re on episode 13 of 24 by my reckoning. Of course, I’m not a self-proclaimed world famous programmer, so my math might be off.

Yeah, Roger, but what we didn’t see was that Mason was hanging on to the helicopter’s landing gear the whole way, and that he shoots Bauer with a tranq gun (oh the irony) in order to get him to let him be the one to do the bomb disposal.

Irony Squared: Nina Myers will be driving a pink Cadillac towards the border with her presidential pardon when the bomb drops from the sky and lands in the passenger seat of her car. She does a “wha?” take, then BOOM!

That’s exactly what I thought. Knowing glances, sly winks, nervous looks at Alemeda. At the very least a bad break up. Maybe they will make up?

I was going by the clock. The last episode took place between 9pm-10pm. I was thinking that now they had the bomb, in two episodes (maybe) we’ll see where it all leads. I’m only assuming that between 16-24, this 24hr stint is going to go downhill because I can’t think of any other exciting thing that could possibly be engaging. Unless of course they kill Kim Bauer.

I mean, if the bomb goes off in episode 15 (it probably won’t in 14 since thats probably the setup leading to the plan to do what the preview suggests), whats left thats worth watching? They seem to have got all the bad guys, except of course for the leader of the paramilitary group.

Of course, I’m not a self-proclaimed world famous programmer, so my math might be off.

No, but your post has the markings of a self-proclaimed world famous fool

I do not want to detract from the level of fame you have achieved, but I thought you considered yourself more of a National treasure with aspirations of becoming world famous.

I do not want to detract from the level of fame you have achieved, but I thought you considered yourself more of a National treasure with aspirations of becoming world famous.[/quote]

cough splutter

LMAO!!! National treasure. Me? You can’t be serious. If I was a national treasure, the nationals would be in quite a hurry to auction me off on eBay and ship me off to a third-world country that needs a national treasure. :D

Think it over. You could be the most famous game designer in Paraguay!

Nah man, I think they’d probably ship off to Nigeria or somewhere far, far away - with no chances of me coming back home. They’d be rid of then. :D