Return of the Jack Bauer Power Hour

Maybe in Nigeria you could search for the long lost Kevin Tribe.

Greetings. This mail will surely come to you with great surprise since we never had any previous correspondence. First, let me introduce myself as Commander Derek Smart, retired from GalCom, May 28th 3000, upon the birth of the newly elected and inaugurated democratic Government of President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Greetings. This mail will surely come to you with great surprise since we never had any previous correspondence. First, let me introduce myself as Commander Derek Smart, retired from GalCom, May 28th 3000, upon the birth of the newly elected and inaugurated democratic Government of President Olusegun Obasanjo.

…[/quote]

ROTFLMAO!!! Good one that, Roger. You forgot the part about me knowing where GALCOM has all its money buried but I just need someone in the US to help me retrieve it.

That could be the story arc for the next Battlecruiser game!

Anyone else shaking after seeing the horizon glow? It’s hard to suspend disbelief in this show.

I’m shaking because the damn show is on hiatus for three weeks. :(

I’m shaking 'cuz Kim Bauer made me cry.

THREE???

Heh. Now he’s shaking.

Last night…best episode evar.

Who knew Kim could sing?

I’m just waiting for the 24 spinoff, “The Kim Bauer Shower Hour.”

Somehow she’d get lost in the shower and have half the police force in California out looking for her again.

Was there a new episode last night (March 11) or was it a repeat? I thought it was pre-empted so they could do a two-hour America’s Idol, which I refuse to watch, because it is “so-called” “reality” TV.

I’m gonna be awfully pissed if it was a new episode. I could have sworn after last week’s episode (ending with the bomb exploding) they said that “in 3 weeks, on the next 24.”

You missed Palmer bitchslapping Sherrie to the ground in front of the whole war room, telling her to “step off.”

Anyone else catch what Kim Bauer’s playing in the latest issue of CGM?

After the highfalutin’ editorial about being for older gamers, they give us a quote that they stole from Spin (with proper attribution, of course) that lets us in on the deep dark secret that Elisha Cuthbert has problems playing videogames because she’s got long nails.

But I guess if you go by this thread, Kim Bauer playing anything is exactly what us “old gamers” are interested in.

I see you walked into my little trap Mr. Horde. Or can I call you Woolen. No episode, just crazy board hijinx.

Dean, I thought that odd too. Steve goes on about catering to a more sophisticated PC gaming crowd and then hot chick extraordinaire Kim Bauer gets a blurb. I mentioned it over in the CGM feedback thread, but a rebuttal was suspiciously absent from Mr. Bauman. Sneaky bastard’s just putting a little sex here and there. Nothing overt, but just enough to get a rise out of the readers. (So to speak.)

now THAT’S FUNNY! HAHAHA!!

First of all, I fail to see what was “sexy” about that. Just because all us loser horndogs here have the hots for her, doesn’t mean that we got all T&A on you just by having something about her in the magazine. It was perfectly innocuous - even the picture!

And second, I should apologize. I guess we forgot we’re only supposed to feature unpopular, unattractive Geek Celebrities in those Now Playing things if we’re for mature people. Because mature gamers aren’t interested in a star from 24. Sheesh!

First of all, I fail to see what was “sexy” about that. Just because all us loser horndogs here have the hots for her, doesn’t mean that we got all T&A on you just by having something about her in the magazine. It was perfectly innocuous - even the picture!

And second, I should apologize. I guess we forgot we’re only supposed to feature unpopular, unattractive Geek Celebrities in those Now Playing things if we’re for mature people. Because mature gamers aren’t interested in a star from 24. Sheesh![/quote]

Jason. I apologize for getting your ire up. :) It could have been a picture of the back of her heel with a scab on it and I would have thought it was hot. Her name = adulterous sex to me so I projected more meaning onto the photo than there actually was. Plus, the conspiracy theory of selectively placing little bits of sex in corners of the issue was total crap. I guess I had hoped that would have tipped folks off that I was just being a dumbass. :)

Still, I did not remember many TV and/or movie stars and their favorite games being mentioned often in past issues. The fact that one of the sweatiest, bounciest icons on prime time TV appeared in the same issue which changed, if only slightly, the direction of CGM was kind of funny.

Sorry if it was taken the wrong way or I gave the impression I was bashing the issue. CGM is the only gaming mag I have consistently subscribed to since and even before I was PC gaming, so it in no way affected my view of the magazine.

After all that sincerity, I have to add the following:

Jason, don’t be such a defensive baby. I was just screwing around. You big puss.

There. Much better. :wink: