RFID driver's licenses? Just say NYET!

Some federal and state government officials want to make state driver’s licenses harder to counterfeit or steal, by adding computer chips that emit a radio signal bearing a license holder’s unique, personal information.

In Virginia, where several of the 9/11 hijackers obtained driver’s licenses, state legislators Wednesday will hear testimony about how radio frequency identification, or RFID, tags may prevent identity fraud and help thwart terrorists using falsified documents to move about the country.

Privacy advocates will argue that the radio tags will also make it easy for the government to spy on its citizens and exacerbate identity theft, one of the problems the technology is meant to relieve.

Virginia is among the first states to explore the idea of creating a smart driver’s license, which may eventually use any combination of RFID tags and biometric data, such as fingerprints or retinal scans.

“Nine of the 19 9/11 terrorists obtained their licenses illegally in Virginia, and that was quite an embarrassment,” said Virginia General Assembly delegate Kathy Byron, chairwoman of a subcommittee looking into the use of so-called smart driver’s licenses, which may include RFID technology.

Ah yes, the old terrorist knee jerk reaction. Folks, I don’t want this stuff in my car, my phones, my licenses etc etc…

Once it’s a tattoo on your skin you won’t need all that anyway.

Once it’s a tattoo on your skin you won’t need all that anyway.[/quote]

You don’t understand. It’s been implanted in all of us since the late 40’s, since that incident in Roswell.

;-)

I’m protected as long as I stay at home. My aluminum foil bill is outrageous, though! :lol: