RFK Jr. : Mississippi's governor is to blame for disaster

Gad, I hate it when people on either side try to play these lame blame games and use something as horrific as this disaster (I have family in the area, and a cousin and her family who live south of New Orleans who are unaccounted for) for political purposes.

Ugh, what the hell?

He’s such a blanking hypocrite. He gives speeches on global warming, while being driven in a limo back and forth to the sites and flying to and from in a private Gulfstream. And then spew like this.

Weren’t the Kennedys instrumental in blocking the wind farm that was proposed off of the New England coast? I can’t recall the details, so somebody fill it in.

H.

Yeah, fucking hypocritical toolbag cocksucker richboy faglord:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8999050/

Man, I can understand NIMBY, but this is HHLWHIYBY. Ha Ha, Look What Happened In Your Back Yard!

Fucker.

H.

Extremism on any side annoys the hell out of me.

Thank you. Of course, there are areas on both sides that one side considers extreme and the other mainstream, but I think anytime someone tries to make political hay out of a major human disaster by using tenuous connects to blame someone we can have some common ground on what is unacceptable. I’d like to see this article referred to in the NYT.

He did write a very good book though.

Idiots like this are why respectable people despise politicians. Absolutely shamelesss.

Well, he’s not a politician…he’s a professional activist. But I think he and others like him hurt the “liberal” cause more than help it. I am a liberal, but I cringe when this guy opens his mouth because 60% of what he says is either false, or misleading. He’s the Rush Limbaugh for liberals, and I can’t respect either of them.

Remember, extremist liberals don’t represent the real left, but extremist republicans are the heart and soul of the right.

This is completely inappropriate, this whole thread is about NOT characterizing a party by its extremes, and you drop that in? Unless I’m missing some subtle sarcasm, you’re the worst sort of kneejerk victim.

H.

This is completely inappropriate, this whole thread is about NOT characterizing a party by its extremes, and you drop that in? Unless I’m missing some subtle sarcasm, you’re the worst sort of kneejerk victim.[/quote]
You’re missing sarcasm and a little history (for instance, the post right above mine). Although that was certainly more extreme of a reply than I expected. But inappropriate? In a thread where essentially everyone is agreeing that politicians using Katrina as ammo against others is retarded? Jeesh. It’s not like I said people should outwalk a hurricane.

This is completely inappropriate, this whole thread is about NOT characterizing a party by its extremes, and you drop that in? Unless I’m missing some subtle sarcasm, you’re the worst sort of kneejerk victim.[/quote]
You’re missing sarcasm and a little history (for instance, the post right above mine). Although that was certainly more extreme of a reply than I expected. But inappropriate? In a thread where essentially everyone is agreeing that politicians using Katrina as ammo against others is retarded? Jeesh. It’s not like I said people should outwalk a hurricane.[/quote]

Then you have my apologies. You tend to skew a bit right, so I assumed that sarcasm wasn’t there.

H.

Haha, I think that statement is true without sarcasm. An extremist rightist wouldn’t want to reveal he’s extremist, and a run-of-the-mill rightist wouldn’t want to think he’s extreme. So only liberals could say that without sarcasm, not conservatives. Anyway, it’s a valid claim in a lot of ways, as politics in the US have shifted further and further right as a whole for the past couple decades. There should be some sense of historical context in our political stances, not just a bending to the situation of the time.

There should only be 4 minutes of news per day.

Then this stuff wouldn’t make it past the press conference.
Well, maybe if NBC hired the MicroMachines guy as a newscaster. But even then, 50/50 shot.

“Hurricane, N’orlins, flooded, need help, send help. Britneykevinbabybenaffleckjlonobabygunsinschoolsrisingoilpricesunions.”
Deep Breath
“fatamericanbabiesmore, socialsecurityless, newpillssamethingoldpills. famousmandobadthingandgofree.”
Exhale.
“And now, back to commercials.”