Rick and Morty

That seems like a fair description of R&M, a lot of the humor doesn’t hit. But when it does, it really does.

John Kricfalusi, from Ren & Stimpy. Who also turned out to be a pedophile.

Or maybe you mean Mel Blanc? West also does most of the Looney Tunes characters, too. As well as, well, just about everything else.

I mean, Billy stepped in when John K was fired by Nickelodeon.

Yep, it was Mel Blanc. That was big news at the time.

Well, that again is good. Maybe those two new seasons can just proceed without the titanic gaping asshole.

I don’t know what thread this belongs in at this point but here you go:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqGoTVevmFp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

As far as I can tell he is alluding to his domestic violence case.

The creepy DMs and grooming behavior has not been addressed at all.

Lol.

This case, which is a domestic violence case, which is a “he said vs she said” case, was dismissed. Like a sad majority of these cases, they are very hard to prove in court, and they get dismissed.

What is accurate, is that it sounds like he was an absolute shit-head to work with, that hasn’t changed.

His lawyer was able to get a bunch of stuff thrown out so the case didn’t have legs. He is a textbook case of an abuser. Even if publicly he didn’t acknowledge his abusive, domineering, and harassing behavior, hopefully, he privately understood at least some part of why he was in the wrong and will learn and grow from it.

Either way, he has shown himself to be a relatively small cog in a lot of shows that he was a part of that I liked so I won’t miss him.

Dude used ‘canceled’ to describe the fact that he has been credibly accused of grooming and being a righteous creep, let alone whatever the fuck happened with that girl. That right there tells you everything you need to know.

He is definitely guilty in the court of the Internet at least.

I don’t know why, but I’ve been watching Season 5 and 6 again. Season 5 was a lot funnier than I remember it being this time around. Some of these jokes have aged well, like fine wine.

Season 6 has been great so far too, I watched S6E4 this morning, which was the night people episode. I really got a kick out of all the pettiness this time around. Also S6E3 was the Thanksgiving episode, and I’d forgotten all about the video game console that Morty got, and that was just a blast to revisit. They turn up the realism setting on an asteroid game, and suddenly there’s no asteroids, they’re just going through space, and one of the options is to leave a message for your kid when you die. I was laughing so hard. And then there’s a Street Fighter game, and you have to go through a city and find the person to fight first, which was reminding of what I’d heard about the recent Street Fighter game, and thinking man, Rick & Morty was kind of prescient there.

A propos of whatsisname, I noticed that the Korvo character on Solar Opposites for Season 4 has gotten Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey, Legion) as his new voice, and I’ve gotta say he does a pretty good job of mimicking Roiland’s rhythms/cadence. They make a couple of jokes about his changed voice in the first episode and just move on.

More Rick and Morty coming October 15th:

I suppose they’re trying to keep a low profile on the subject by not yet announcing Roiland’s replacement, but for me it’s having the opposite effect. It seems like an elephant in the room.

Eh, who cares what his name is? They already announced they were trying to find a sound-alike, that’s all that matters. It doesn’t matter if his name is John Smith or Elena Harkova.

The first episode, Rick bets Morty he can’t be silent for 24 hours. And that’s how they roll the rest of the season.

So wait, the charges against Roiland were dismissed, but he’s still off his own show and severed from his own company? What a drag.

Whether or not a DA thought there was enough against Roiland to successfully send him to jail, there have been a number of credible reports (many of which are linked upstream in this thread) in the aftermath of this case that literally everyone who worked with Roiland hated him, considered him to be an unprofessional creep, and thought he was a huge liability. So it’s pretty clear everyone is happy to have this out. Good riddance.