Rick and Morty

Or a hyper-abusive asshole, or something else. I mean, seriously, it starts to feel like everything I enjoy is made by horrible people.

The man was famous, brilliant, and respected. He has plenty of money. He could be drowning in stunningly gorgeous legal women. Even going on Tinder is fine, just don’t hit on underage girls! But it seems he shares both Weiner’s compulsion and his lack of willpower.

Just goes to show you, it isn’t about intelligence or ability. Weiner is a super smart man too. They know they’re destroying themselves, but they just can’t seem to ignore the devil on their shoulders.

Me either. I was never a fan of the improv. Then again I might simply dislike the bad improv, and might not even be noticing the good stuff and perhaps even liking it.

The voices and tone in season 6 are slightly different when compared to season 1, so I’m sure they can be different in season 8 and most people will get over it, assuming the scripts are good.

Plus it.might mean every character stops sounding like an alternate Morty.

Turns out the sort of people who think outside the box, also think outside some boxes they really should be staying inside.

The more we learn, the worse it gets.

Bad as that is, the part where he hasn’t been meaningfully contributing creatively to the show for many years is actually very encouraging for their ability to move forward without him.

I wonder if he was actually doing anything over at Solar Opposites?

Yes indeed, that is great news overall.

The report goes on to reveal that Roiland “simply stopped showing up” for work during the third season of Rick and Morty, and even when he did “he’d typically avoid the writers room.” In fact, they would only know he was there if they heard his dogs or saw his remote control car, with one source saying, “You wouldn’t have seen him in weeks, and then you’d see the car come in, which was insane.”

lmao what

Honestly glad to hear that Harmon has hated him for years, that makes me feel a little better about the show.

Has anybody else been watching every episode but not talking about it because of how embarrassing the fans got?

The full report that MovieWeb is scraping for content:

The folks over at Solar Opposites said the situation there was much the same, with very little contribution apart from voicework for some time now.

I mean, kudos to everyone who had to work with that shithead. They did a great job putting up with it, sticking together, and working through it. You can understand why these stories did not get out, because they did not want the weight of the entire internet to fall on their show, for which 99.9% of the employees had nothing to do with the shitty stuff he did.

Now that the charges were formalized, they can now distance themselves from that asshole, and begin to rebuild… if they can.

Fuck, that sounds just awful.

The silver lining is… he was just a voice, and will be replaced.

And not even a great voice, for that matter. Iconic for R&M certainly, but not good. I have no doubt Billy whassisname from the old Howard Stern show could do them better.

Billy West? One of the most prolific and iconic VO artists!

Put some respect on his name!

But yes, Billy West would probably do a great job, because he is a pro.

Thanks. Just started reading the article.

I’ve never heard of Koala Man. Apparently a new Roiland animated show on Hulu. I’ll have to check it out next time I get Hulu.

Right, right, Billy West. Couldn’t be arsed to look up the name. He replaced some other bigshot cartoon voice actor, as I recall.

From that article.

Harmon, who has never been shy about his sky-high standards, was determined to make season two even better. “And when Harmon wants something to be even better, it means later nights, it means being more careful, it means saying yes to fewer silly ideas, and Justin is the king of silly ideas,” says a source. Harmon enlisted a few Community writers who, one insider notes, didn’t treat Roiland with the same kind of reverence that the Channel 101 writers had the previous season. The room became clubbier, and not nearly as much fun — there were now “Dan’s guys,” a more cerebral, structured set, and “Justin’s guys,” a zany collection of artists, “and they just weren’t going to mix,” notes a source. “Dan is all on the page and mathematical about story breaking, and these guys that Justin hired were like, ‘Look, I drew a turd with eyes, let’s do a story about that.’ ”

Ha!

That seems like a fair description of R&M, a lot of the humor doesn’t hit. But when it does, it really does.

John Kricfalusi, from Ren & Stimpy. Who also turned out to be a pedophile.

Or maybe you mean Mel Blanc? West also does most of the Looney Tunes characters, too. As well as, well, just about everything else.

I mean, Billy stepped in when John K was fired by Nickelodeon.

Yep, it was Mel Blanc. That was big news at the time.

Well, that again is good. Maybe those two new seasons can just proceed without the titanic gaping asshole.